Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 09:35 AM

Default absolute poker - is it realy rigged ?

if you guys saw the posts about absolute poker then you might know that there are serious suspect the absolute poker game server was compromised and there is at least one player that has been able to see others people hole cards.

i just wanted to state - Absolute poker is certified with same certifications that other poker sites has.

if this story will turn out to be 100% truth. then i hate to tell you -----

I T O L D Y O U !!!
Old 09-25-2007, 09:59 AM

Default Re: absolute poker - is it realy rigged ?

Reged: 11/16/05

your contributions are greatly appreciated
Old 09-25-2007, 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if you guys saw the posts about absolute poker then you might know that there are serious suspect the absolute poker game server was compromised and there is at least one player that has been able to see others people hole cards.

i just wanted to state - Absolute poker is certified with same certifications that other poker sites has.

if this story will turn out to be 100% truth. then i hate to tell you -----

I T O L D Y O U !!!

[/ QUOTE ]

how much did you lose?
Old 09-25-2007, 10:34 AM

OP is right, he did definitively prove online poker is rigged some 15 months ago:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post6256776
Old 09-25-2007, 10:38 AM

OP is bad, but in case you missed it, there were 5 accounts at AP which were shown to be able to see other people's hole cards and "won" over $500,000 in high stakes tournaments and cash games in about a week. They then went on and chipdumped to other accounts. The really terrible thing was the response by absolute poker.

They froze the 5 accounts for a couple days, then just released a statement saying that nothing was done wrong. OK, every high-stakes player on Absolute is certain they could see hole cards, but even if every single high-stakes player is wrong, the chipdumping is still against the rules and plain as the nose on your face. There's no denying it... which is just what Absolute is trying to do.

Opinions are split whether Absolute is this moronically incompetent, or if it was an inside job done by Absolute and now being covered up. There's a pretty major effort being put on by the high-stakes players to take down Absolute. Check this out: absolutepokercheats.com
Old 09-25-2007, 05:08 PM

That is pretty sick. I don't trust "small" sites anymore because of what i have heard. I'm glad i play on Pokerstars since it seems like it's fair and they care and they don't have all sorts of stupid bonus emails and blackjack + sportsbetting offers
Old 09-25-2007, 05:29 PM

Default He who smelt it dealt it.

Why is Justin West at pokerpages so mad about the accusations...he keeps blogging to stop the rumors with some insane logic ( some anonymous source at ultimatebet said it wasnt possible to have a super user...uhhh who cares, UB isnt in question...why the push...is AP paying him to calm the waters?...is he graycat??? ok i know he isnt but this is a gossip forum right??
http://news.pokerpages.com/index.php...ew&id=2606
Old 09-26-2007, 12:43 AM

Default Re: He who smelt it dealt it.

[ QUOTE ]
Why is Justin West at pokerpages so mad about the accusations...he keeps blogging to stop the rumors with some insane logic ( some anonymous source at ultimatebet said it wasnt possible to have a super user...uhhh who cares, UB isnt in question...why the push...is AP paying him to calm the waters?...is he graycat??? ok i know he isnt but this is a gossip forum right??

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, they do have an option on UB and Absolute to tranfer money from an account on one site to another.....in what other ways sre they linked?...same software too?
Old 09-26-2007, 02:08 AM

this gem shows how much credibility OP has

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&vc=1
Old 09-26-2007, 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Without actually reading his blog, my guess is (and I have known Justin for over a year) that his reasoning is two-fold. One...it's SOMETHING to write about. Poker writers are always in need of fresh ideas and this is yet another topic he can write about. And two...if he has to take a stance (which is his style) he is going to defend AP for the simple reason that he is defending online poker in the process. I don't have the numbers, nor have I ever, but I'm pretty sure that a "significant" amount of Pokerpages' revenue comes from their online room. To suggest that AP may have been rigged calls all rooms (including theirs) into question. Thus it seems his seemingly "adamant" view is merely self preservation....but keep in mind, I didn't read the blog.