Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Official Full TIlt Regulars Thread: Part II

I moved up to FT 50NL late last month...I've logged 20-25k hands so far this month, which is a lot for me. I think I've played well 80% of the time, still trying to adapt to more aggressive play as well as deal with tilt. Anyways, I should be at 50NL 6-max for the next few months at least, profplum701 is the screen name. Winning about 4-4.5 ptBB/100 so far but it's early.

Any thoughts welcome. I'm at school so I don't have access to my database right now but I'll check and post later about winners/etc that I've noticed.

Pete
Old 09-20-2007, 04:01 PM

I haven't noticed a lot of these 50NL regs that you guys are mentioning, but I usually play more in the mornings/afternoons, I think the games are a bit easier then (morning/afternoon US time that is).
Old 09-20-2007, 04:44 PM

Thoughts/notes/etc. on Chaucer11 at FTP? I played a couple of times with him (her?) at 6-max NL50 and he seemed pretty good (read -- beat me out of a couple of big pots).

Anyone have anything on this player? I'd appreciate any notes, stats, etc..
Old 09-20-2007, 04:58 PM

I only had a few hands on chaucer11, and the only thing I could tell from those was that he seemed bad at getting max value from bad players.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I moved up to FT 50NL late last month...I've logged 20-25k hands so far this month, which is a lot for me. I think I've played well 80% of the time, still trying to adapt to more aggressive play as well as deal with tilt. Anyways, I should be at 50NL 6-max for the next few months at least, profplum701 is the screen name. Winning about 4-4.5 ptBB/100 so far but it's early.

Any thoughts welcome. I'm at school so I don't have access to my database right now but I'll check and post later about winners/etc that I've noticed.

Pete

[/ QUOTE ]

I just looked over 500 hands I have with you.

1. Your bet sizing is too small postflop.

2. The only 3-bet pot I have with you you made a pretty bad both flop and turn check, not sure if this is just one hand or you're uncomfortable in 3-bet pots.

3. You're good at using position.

4. You run hot.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:52 PM

Thanks for the reply Subzero.

1. I can see that, but I think I usually cbet 80% of pot or so, but sometimes smaller. I rarely pot it.

2. Not sure what the 3-bet hand was...did I have position? I definitely am getting more comfortable in these pots but it's taking some time. I'm coming from playing at Bodog 25NL where you never EVER get 3-bet, and so playing these types of pots is a learning process right now for me. I hope to get the hang of them better soon.

3. Thanks. I really am trying to avoid playing pots OOP.

4. Not this week! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

What's your FT name?

Thanks, take care,

Pete
Old 09-20-2007, 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've tried to respond to ppl asking for notes, but I've played maybe 1x in the past month with most of the ppl named. I guess I'm not finding the fish very well? I'm definitely finding regs around, but not many of the names mentioned.

Anyway, I'm Shaodan, and I feel like a fish lately. After beating up 50 NL for 3 weeks, suddenly I'm super swingy and can't make a profit that isn't gone the next day. Anyone got notes? I'm pretty sure you do....Clowntable I'm looking at you since you changed to the seat on my left today.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've played with you a bit during the past week and you seem to suffer from FPS vs. regulars/multitablers. There can be a fine line between FPS and simply adjusting to your opponents, and I think you just need to get back on the right side of it.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:11 PM

I can post the 3-bet hand if you'd like pete, or just pm you. It'd probably be a good hand for discussion. You were oop btw.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:16 PM

Feel free to post, I have no fear of being torn apart. It's all good. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Pete
Old 09-20-2007, 06:52 PM

K here we go. Won't let me convert it since I datamined the hand, I'll try to clean it up though.

FullTiltPoker

Seat 1: Ewalk405 ($49.25)
Seat 2: Tara23 ($50.55)
Seat 3: ausbrick ($32.55)
Seat 4: KenZilla ($56.20)
Seat 5: DanTheMan55 ($9.35)
Seat 6: profplum701 ($52.90) <------- Our guy

Tara23 raises to $1.75
ausbrick folds
KenZilla calls $1.75
DanTheMan55 folds
profplum701 raises to $7.50
Ewalk405 folds
Tara23 folds
KenZilla calls $5.75
*** FLOP *** [Jh 9h 6c]
profplum701 checks
KenZilla checks
*** TURN *** [Jh 9h 6c] [Kh]
profplum701 checks
KenZilla checks
*** RIVER *** [Jh 9h 6c Kh] [5h]
profplum701 checks
KenZilla checks
*** SHOW DOWN ***
profplum701 shows [As Ks] a pair of Kings
KenZilla mucks

I'm pretty sure you didn't CB the flop because that flop hits a 3-bet calling range pretty hard.

The problem is he's not the original raiser, which means he's a donk with a pp that puts you on AA/KK here like always. He has 88 on the flop and wants you to take it from him.

On the turn, there is NO way he checked through hearts or QT on the flop. Your hand is good here 90%+ of the time and I'm willing to stack off here without much thought. If he has something like TT with a heart here, you're giving him a free shot to hit a ton of outs. If you're planning to check-raise here, which I don't think you were, it's a horrible spot.