Raise 39 52.00%
Fold 36 48.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 02:02 AM

Default Re: SSNL [LIFE] THREAD AUGUST

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Watch "Me, you, and Everyone we Know" if you haven't already.

[/ QUOTE ]

whats it about?

[/ QUOTE ]

"'Me and You and Everyone We Know' is a poetic and penetrating observation of how people struggle to connect with one another in an isolating and contemporary world. Christine Jesperson is a lonely artist and "Eldercab" driver who uses her fantastical artistic visions to draw her aspirations and objects of desire closer to her. Richard Swersey (John Hawkes), a newly single shoe salesman and father of two boys, is prepared for amazing things to happen. But when he meets the captivating Christine, he panics. Life is not so oblique for Richard's six-year-old Robby, who is having a risqué Internet romance with a stranger, and his fourteen-year-old brother Peter who becomes the guinea pig for neighborhood girls -- practicing for their future of romance and marriage"

Taken from IMDB
http://imdb.com/title/tt0415978/

The plot summary doesn't do it justice. Just watch it
Old 08-02-2007, 02:03 AM

Yeah good idea Orange.

My favourite movie of all time Apocalypse Now! Set in the Vietnam war, Martin Sheen is sent up river on a small boat to assassinate the renegade Colonel Kurtz (Marlon Brando, see my avatar) who has set himself up as a God to the native Cambodians. Its primarily about the madness of war and the connection between Sheens and Brandos characters, but if your not into the deep stuff just watch it for the awesome action, most notably the famous Helicopter attack to Wagner's 'Ride of the Valyries.'
Old 08-02-2007, 02:06 AM

Yah snowbank City of God is a masterpiece, seen it soo many times now.

Oooh! For all you Tarantino fans (99% of you I imagine) check out one of his earlier less well known films True Romance. Think Pulp Fiction with an awesome love story. Off to bed now, I could talk films all day. Snowboarding tomorrow for the first time, wish me luck!
Old 08-02-2007, 02:13 AM

Harsh Times- Christian Bale is the [censored].
Old 08-02-2007, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So I went round to my brother's house last night to join in the festivities they were having and watch The Mighty Boosh live in Brixton. About 6 people live at the house and everyone was there including me and another guest...slightly mentally unstable girl. Anyway, after the show everyone trundled off to bed, girl and I stuck around and watched some South Park, and the long and the short of it is...

Brag: Got mounted by super hot 18-19 yr old last night.
Beat: She's a bit crazy upstairs.
Brag: Zero commitments. Possibly booty calls?
Variance: First person I saw in the morning was her ex who she broke up with 4 days ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK SSNL Love/Lust experts, I need some advice...

My intentions with this girl are fairly clear, basically she's not the type of girl I want a relationship with, but she's frickin' hot. So I certainly wouldn't mind the occasional bit of couch-loving while neither of us are in a relationship.

Her background is she just broke up with her last boyfriend, 'apparently' because he said he loved her and she said she was just wanting to have a bit of fun (though I don't have official confirmation on this - it sounds right though, knowing them both).

So as I said, we got it on a couple of nights ago, after which I gave her a lift to work in the morning. I haven't had contact with her since.

I'm thinking maybe I should send an SMS to her just saying to let me know if she's ever partying away at my brother's place again. Is this a good idea, and if so, what's the best way to say it?
Old 08-02-2007, 03:14 AM

[x] she wants to have fun with you
[x] shes close enough to visit and make sexytime
[x] you've already had sexy time

????????? Profit ?

basically anything u do = win
Old 08-02-2007, 03:18 AM

But is it about profit, or is it about maximizing profit?
Old 08-02-2007, 07:47 AM

I swear, SSNL Life has become Dr Phil's $^%$@#%^$ radio show.
Anyway, Orange, I just recently saw "Little Miss Sunshine." Reminded me of There's something about Mary but a little darker, a little more sardonic, and a little more $%^#$%% up. I totally identify with the guy who was committed. LOL all of the "normal" people in this world are CRAZY I tell ya!
Old 08-02-2007, 07:50 AM

oh and Jay, very cute. Here's your line: "Hi, I'm Jay. I'm heading [out/etc] for a cup of chai/coffee/beer (but chicks dig chai). Would you like to come?" It's simple and straight forward. No bull. If she's interested, she'll come. If not, well, it's a great fantasy. ;-)
Old 08-02-2007, 08:01 AM

Emma Watson is cute as a button, but I wouldn't call her hot.

Give her a few years to fill in as a woman (she's super skinny atm).
Closed Thread