Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 10:21 PM

Default Re: Antonio The Magician .... which is the measure of the man ?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There were three spades on the board how much do you want him to bet you a-holes

[/ QUOTE ]

There were no spades on the board preflop when he limped in

a-hole

[/ QUOTE ]

no, you certainly wouldn't want to mix up your game at that table. ABC poker is where it's at.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
antonio is a prick. my friend taught him alot of the tricks antonio knows. they used to go to different places and play. once antonio won the wpt event, my friend never really heard from him again. antonio admits he cant beat my friend.

ive played with antonio before in the bay area. what makes antonio obnoxious is that he really thinks he's "cool". his younger brother is even more of a whiny prick. i saw this dealer in a private game be held back by some players because the dealer was going to beat the crap out of him.

antonio is a "status" kind of guy. he forgets the nobody's from the past and only hob nobs with other status people. thats definately one definition of a prick.

[/ QUOTE ]yep.

he can be very disrespectful to the nobodies of the world. to the guy who talked about doing an interview with him and seeing only antonio's good side. well that's easy to understand. he'd be a fool to be a jerk to someone who was about to do a writeup on him.

it wouldn't surprise me if the interview came after antonio's article poking fun of the common people who have to stand in line at the nightclubs.

someone pull that article for me i want to read it again

it's all about image for antonio that's why he changed his name from Amir
Old 11-06-2007, 10:54 PM

If I was a big pokerstar I would probably change my name too because its hard to pronounce and wouldn't get as much attention.

No I will not say what my name is...
Old 11-07-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how can doyle lay down that flush v. jamie? has he been watching previous episodes/years?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, No. he said in that very episode he hadn't seen a single episode. maybe he should have. gave jaime WAY too much credit.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:33 AM

if you guys think jamie could have a bluff there, ever, are pretty bad at poker.

It was 100% not a bluff. But what doyle doesnt realize is jamie woulda played lower flushes the same.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:14 AM

Default Re: Antonio The Magician

[ QUOTE ]
I mean, I guess some may be irritated. He's certainly not a favorite character around these forums, but he seems like a fairly decent person. An alright guy most of the time at the table, and seems friendly enough to most, never rubbing it in anyone's face (at least not that I've seen).

My knock on him was that I thought he was a bad player, but he seems to be pretty good.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is a good player and a cool guy me and my buddy met him at Tao Last Janurary and he was really cool didn't act like a poker player at all and on some real talk he has a very good sense at where he is at in a hand...

Example : On HSP 500k buyin last night ... don't remember the specifics but i think someone utg +1 raised to like 4500 , 1 caller and then he mucks pocket 9's ... don't think anyone else would have thrown that away at the table... the OR had big pair and other player had something like q-10 which makes me seem to remember it was Goldfish and the other player to the flop
Old 11-07-2007, 03:28 AM

In his articles in bluff he comes off as a fairly stupid person-not unlike the typical 2+2'er. I remember one story where he and a friend ate at Outback Steak House with no money on them. Or how if you give him 10,000 bucks you could hang with him for a day. Most annoying thing about him-he started the term "sick" in poker and it has always struck me as not quite right in usage-of course the mindless minions follow along.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:08 AM

antonio >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>> op

that is all.
Old 11-07-2007, 04:18 AM

hey know ones saying the guy cant play poker. Or is your inarticulate allusion a homosexual desire you have for the pretty boy?
Old 11-07-2007, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hey know ones saying the guy cant play poker. Or is your inarticulate allusion a homosexual desire you have for the pretty boy?

[/ QUOTE ]

how the [censored] does someone spell inarticulate allusion correctly and 'noone' so incorrectly in the same sentence rofl....