Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 10:04 PM

Default Firefox Images Have Shrunk?

For the last couple of days my Firefox (2.0.0.7) has been shrinking all the graphics on web pages. For example on NHL.com right now is this...

Which is what it looks like on my Firefox right up to the point where the page finishes loading at which point FF suddenly shrinks it to this...

It does it with every graphic on every web page as far as I can tell, for example the "instant graemlins" or emoticons on 2p2 are tiny.

The only cause I can think of is that I recently used Full Screen Mode on the Ongame poker software and that changed my screen resolution temporarily. It changed back when I closed it and I don't know if the two coincided but this is the only thing I can think of that I have done differently.

There is probably a very simple fix to this, does anyone know what it is? Thanks.

P.S. I hope this is in the right forum as the Software forum seems to be only for poker related software?
Old 10-16-2007, 10:40 PM

Default Re: Firefox Images Have Shrunk?

Have you installed any addons or extensions recently? What addons are listed on Tools/Addons?

What is the value of the browser setting browser.enable_automatic_image_resizing?

You can see the value of this by putting about:config in the address bar and entering 'image_resizing' in the filter.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:55 AM

Hi doublec, thanks for replying. I would have replied sooner but Favourite Topics failed to alert me to your post.

I had totally forgotten that one of my extensions is Image Zoom and although that hasn't updated in a long time disabling it seems to have fixed the problem. Firefox had also become super slow tonight, freezing up every time it tried to load a new page and disabling Image Zoom seems to have fixed this too.

So it looks like it's fixed but I'll let you know if it starts up again. Thanks for you help.

Oh, and the values you asked for in about:config were default boolean true fwiw. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2007, 03:49 AM

I suspected it might have been Image Zoom or a similar extension. Glad you managed to resolve the problem. I'm a developer for Mozilla working on Firefox so keen to find out problems people are having :-)