Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2007, 09:04 AM

Default Re: 3-Handed 10/20, Part II, Same Villian - Found Two Pair on Turn

im suprised you passed up the trifecta opportunity, here
Old 04-28-2007, 09:39 AM

above post is a joke - even with a pretty liberal range, calling down the three bet is surprisingly thin. you all who cap the turn and lead the river - are you calling a raise on the river, too?

bbbushu
Old 04-28-2007, 11:18 AM

wouldnt cap this Turn if villain is somewhat reasonable, if he has a set he will raise you on the River so you basiclly loose 2 more when behind and 1 more when ahead and AA QQ KK are not more likely then sets after his Turn 3bet imho
Old 04-28-2007, 12:04 PM

It's 3-[censored] handed. AA/KK/QQ do 3bet this turn. I don't know what games you all are playing in, but if everyone here is advocating to not raise in this spot, because of fear of a set, you're nuts. I'd really like to find out what villian had in this hand.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:12 PM

so you lead the River and call a raise or what?

You know you win 1 more bet when ahead and loose 2 more when behind you think youre ahead more then 66% of the Time? And think about those times he counterfits you with his 6 outs when he has AA KK QQ or you hit an 8 an he has set...nah i just call the 3 ball
Old 04-28-2007, 12:12 PM

chex,

what's your range for villain on after s/he three-bets the turn?
Old 04-28-2007, 01:24 PM

Yes, I do think I'm ahead more than 66% of the time. In fact, I know I am. You're supposed to play each street by itself, and get your money in when ahead. I don't not cap a street in fear of getting counterfeit on the river. That's a poor outlook on things, if you ask me.

From the look of it, it looks like villian won the hand based on OP's tone of the post. In headsup and 3-handed games though, if you're not raising this turn, or at CONSIDERING the option, poor play in my opinion. 3 handed games are generally much more liberal with raising standards, and top&mid pair is a very strong holding.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:43 PM

range, please?

i'm sure everybody agrees that aggressiveness is important short-handed but it's really a useless discussion without some more concrete information to calculate a decision with.

bbbushu
Old 04-28-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I do think I'm ahead more than 66% of the time. In fact, I know I am. You're supposed to play each street by itself, and get your money in when ahead. I don't not cap a street in fear of getting counterfeit on the river. That's a poor outlook on things, if you ask me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its right to cap if he has AA KK QQ and no one cares you might get counterfited> you have to read posts as a whole and try to understand them and dont took statements out of their sense > i argued with villains possible range here and how often you have to be ahead and in fact you have to be ahead around 66%+ imho to make raising better then calling if you going to b/c the River so you have to do the math and this includes to take into consideration that also if in fact you are ahead you still get counterfited sonetimes. See what im saying?

What you do is poor thinking " oh 3 handed he certainly plays AA KK QQ like that i have 2 pair > TEH NUTS i cap "

Also you say you KNOW you more then 66% of the Time ahead..i mean how do you know that? You put villain on AA KK QQ > so we know that but he plays 66 88 TT JJ maybe Q9 etc the exact same way or not? So how do you know youre ahead more the 66% here?

and btw if villain is good he wouldnt raise AA KK or QQ so that should sometimes be heavily discounted

And saying he plays mid pair like this because its in general a strong holding in 3 handed games ist just awful.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:57 PM

I heavily discount a set of JJs or 88s. If this game plays like a typical 3 handed aggressive game, if you're beat, set of 10s/66s is the most likely holding by villian. In my opinion, those are the two hands you'd be most worried about. Good players don't raise QQ/KK/AA here? I never said he plays mid pair like this, what are you talking about? Wunderkind, I've read dozens and dozens of hands you've posted that you're confused about. You have no idea what you're talking about.