Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Deep in mtt, top ten stack. KK vs chipleader

[ QUOTE ]
Dang... so u did call eh? SOunds like he had a premium hand and a read like that on a dude that just sat down was pretty impressive. tho i may have folded with all that raising going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

-ZEN
Old 11-14-2007, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no no and no...by letting 6 people limp we can't read the board...2 6 10 rainbow could be 2 pair...also if we keep raising we will disguise our steals...finally with any luck we may get limp reraised...villan got lucky but he is on the wrong side of creative unless he is sure he will get raised pre...IMHO

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, so far only two people have limped but I guess it's possible that no one will punish limpers and will keep a family pot late tourney....right.

Yes, it will be hard to play know exactly where we're at on a 2 6 10 r board but it will be equally hard for opponent as well. Better yet, if the board was A 2 6 and BB hits two pair, we're getting paid off big time. Risk vs reward.

I'm not saying that Villain's play was optimal...just that it isn't as bad as people are making out.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:44 PM

I thought this might be a somewhat interesting post where there was preflop action then an Ace or a paired board or a connected monotone flop with stacks behind.

Instead it was pretty disappointing. Should I get it all in preflop with KK in a tournament against an unknown bigger stack? hmmmm. Yes of course you should be glad to get it in preflop with kings 100% of the time here.