Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 10:53 PM

Default College Basketball Catch up Thread

This is a little early but I am excited because Georgetown just landed the #1 recruit for next year, who apparently might lure other top recruits with him:

http://blogs.usatoday.com/preprally/...-makes-co.html

I figure people can just post about their respective schools, cuz I do not know a lot of what has gone at other schools. Gtown will be good this year, with the same team as last year minus Jeff Green. They added two All American recruits, both guards, Austin Freeman and Chris Wright, who should play a lot. Starting lineup will look like this probably:

G: John Wallace
G: Jessie Sapp
F: Dajuan Summers
F: Patrick Ewing Jr.
C: Roy Hibbert

This should be a top ten team all year. Schedule isnt too hard, early schedule is a joke except for at Alabama and at Memphis. They should win the Big East, but might struggle with Green gone so we shall see. Either way I am really excited, post about your favorite teams.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:58 PM

Default Re: College Basketball Catch up Thread

Yeah this team is really good even with the loss of Green.

Is this the year Lil Romeo plays for USC or is he a freshman next year lol?
Old 10-16-2007, 10:59 PM

College hoops ftw.

I know 'Cuse is supposed to have a sick incoming class & are unranked. Last time that happened it worked out ok [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It'd be cool if the G'town rivalry heated up again; but this ridiculous 300 team conference isn't helping.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
College hoops ftw.

I know 'Cuse is supposed to have a sick incoming class & are unranked. Last time that happened it worked out ok [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It'd be cool if the G'town rivalry heated up again; but this ridiculous 300 team conference isn't helping.

[/ QUOTE ]

We had won like 13 games straight last year and the 'Cuse still beat us bad. I hate syracuse a lot. They always play good.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:08 PM

Illinois will suck and consider it a success to go one-and-done in the tournament.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:09 PM

Assuming we stay healthy, this will be the first year in a long time that Auburn doesn't suck.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a little early but I am excited because Georgetown just landed the #1 recruit for next year, who apparently might lure other top recruits with him:

http://blogs.usatoday.com/preprally/...-makes-co.html

I figure people can just post about their respective schools, cuz I do not know a lot of what has gone at other schools. Gtown will be good this year, with the same team as last year minus Jeff Green. They added two All American recruits, both guards, Austin Freeman and Chris Wright, who should play a lot. Starting lineup will look like this probably:

G: John Wallace
G: Jessie Sapp
F: Dajuan Summers
F: Patrick Ewing Jr.
C: Roy Hibbert

This should be a top ten team all year. Schedule isnt too hard, early schedule is a joke except for at Alabama and at Memphis. They should win the Big East, but might struggle with Green gone so we shall see. Either way I am really excited, post about your favorite teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have season tickets this year and I could not be more pumped. I think we should be really good this year, and my optimistic pick is Dajuan Summers for BE POY.

I'm a little curious as to why you think Freeman and Wright are going to get a lot of playing time this year though. Obv the starting frontcourt is going to be Sapp and Wallace, and it sort of seems like Thompson is hesitant to play young guys a lot of minutes. Macklin had a really hard time finding PT for example. Wallace plays a ridiculous amount of minutes, so I dont know if I expect either of them to play much. I know some of the guys who do summer workouts and camps on campus and they said Wright is absolutely sick and was consistently destroying Sapp all summer long, so I suppose if either of them is just absolutely to awesome to sit, they could get some time. I'm just not expecting much out of them until next year.

EDIT: starting backcourt obv, not frontcourt.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
College hoops ftw.

[/ QUOTE ]

We lost the big 3 but it's good to start over. Not having Rautins this year sucks. Stupid Canadian national team.

But the starting line-up will probably look something like this:

PG: Jonny Flynn (Josh Wright might start until Flynn gets his feet wet.)
SG: Eric Devendorf
SF: Paul Harris
PF: Donte Green
C: Arinze Onauku

Both Flynn and Greene are 5 star recruits and should be impressive right away. Two other recruits in 6-8 235 Rick Jackson and SG Antonio Jardine should contribute right away. Also 6-8 JuCo transfer Kristof Ongenaet was added for depth to a very young frontcourt.

Depending on how the young players adjust and if Paul Harris progresses, this could be a very dangerous team late in the season. They are in most experts top 25 but with no seniors that will see any playing team, this team will have a lot of growing pains. Should be a fun season.

It looks like they're gonna red shirt 6-11 freshman Sean Williams. He's probably too thin to contribute yet.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:27 PM

Macklin was really raw coming in, so he couldnt play because of the demands of his position. Plus he was behind multiple guys on the depth chart. Wright and Freeman are supposed to be pretty polished, and both can shoot, which is bad news for Sapp. If Sapp struggles, I expect them to play. I also think they will go small more than they have before, playing 3 guards a lot. We shall see.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Macklin was really raw coming in, so he couldnt play because of the demands of his position. Plus he was behind multiple guys on the depth chart. Wright and Freeman are supposed to be pretty polished, and both can shoot, which is bad news for Sapp. If Sapp struggles, I expect them to play. I also think they will go small more than they have before, playing 3 guards a lot. We shall see.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you agree that the starting lineup is going to be Hibbert, Summers, Ewing, Sapp and Wallace? And then Macklin as the first guy in off the bench? I actually expected them to play a little bigger this year, because Ewing handles the ball really well for his size and can practically play the 2. I'd imagine Hibbert, Macklin, Summers, Ewing and Wallace on the court at the same time will be a common occurrance.