Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 11:01 PM

Default did i play this hand correctly

I was playing in a 10+1 mtt on Bodog, which was down to the final 10 when the following hand occurred. The table was 5 handed and I was dealt A,10 in the BB (blinds 600/1200 with 125 chip ante). It was folded around to the button who had an average sized stack of 22,000. The button raised to 4000 and the SB folded. I had a stack of about 10,500 and shoved. He called showing KJ and I lost the hand. So was this the right play to gamble at this time, since I was pretty certain that I had the best hand? At the time there were also other short stacks of about 3500 and 7000. There were also two other stacks that had about the same amount of chips as me. So with stacks this size should I have folded and waited for a better spot since I knew he was committed and it was most likely a 60/40, or did I make the right play and just get unlucky?
Old 07-09-2007, 11:38 PM

Default Re: did i play this hand correctly

You have an M of ~4 and are wayyyyy ahead of his range, I am begging for him to raise. snap shove.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:06 AM

Default Re: did i play this hand correctly

Play to win. You want him to have a worse hand and he did. You got unlucky. ChipSpeak says you have an M of 4 and going into the FT with that stack isn't going to do you much good. This hand is a great spot to stick your chips in and hope to double up for a final table run.

His raise and then your push gives him about a 2.5:1 pot odds to call your shove so his call isn't terrible. What was his stack size?

You also said:

[ QUOTE ]
since I was pretty certain that I had the best hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you really felt this way, you should want to get all of your chips in every time with the best hand. That is how you win.