Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-20-2007, 08:09 PM

Default working on my omaha game

25-50 plo on stars i just sat down and most are unknowns so no real metagame things to consider yet

2 limps i limp button w. A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]KxTx4x

flop K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

checks to me I bet 250, sb calls, rest fold

turn 3x

check check

river Tx

he checks i pot (750) he repots like 2k more

so is this ever not KK/33? does anyone think my hand looks bluffy since I checked turn and I obviously wouldn't do that with a boat. Maybe I would do it with a flush but I wouldn't pot river (for value) and definately not calling cr on river with flush.

in fact when it was checked to me all that I saw in my hand was A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] so I bet for that reason alone with plans of firing 3 barrels to fold out non-not flushes but then when the turn came and I considered betting again I noticed I actually had KT also so checked behind.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:12 PM

Default Re: working on my omaha game

Edit: oops misread hand
Old 04-20-2007, 08:13 PM

KT

KT33T board.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:13 PM

You have trip tens here. - are you trying to make one of those strassa statements saying that my boat is now only a bluff catcher and has the same value as trip tens or a flush that only beats a bluff...if so I agree but I really do have a boat, maybe you misread it.

Any chance someone checkraises K3 on river?
Old 04-20-2007, 08:16 PM

I still fold. If he has a boat, and your hand looks bluffy, he's going to look you up, but he's just going to call. From his perspective, there's not many houses he wuold value check-raise on this river. Your not going to be value-betting a flush on this river very often. So if he's check-raising you on the river, its either with KK/33 or on a bluff. And I dont see much reason why he would bluff here, no busted draws and he's not floating oop.

I fold.

Also consider the chances of him calling you on the flop with KK/33 are way more likely than K3/T3 because those hands are not fairing very well with this flop. The sets would have a lot of value since they fill up a lot more often.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:17 PM

Loc: im a lagfish that never folds
Old 04-20-2007, 08:20 PM

What would K3 hope to get value from by check/raising this river? T3? That seems likely wishful thinking unless he's the sort to make extremely thin value bets, as I dont think T3 can call a check/raise on this river.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What would K3 hope to get value from by check/raising this river? T3? That seems likely wishful thinking unless he's the sort to make extremely thin value bets, as I dont think T3 can call a check/raise on this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I retarded or aren't we beating t3??

Edit: Or rather t3 beating k3?
Old 04-20-2007, 08:25 PM

yes we beat it but spino believes that if villian had T3 he would check-call and not check-raise since it will be tough for me to call with a worse hand
Old 04-20-2007, 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I retarded or aren't we beating t3??

Edit: Or rather t3 beating k3?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes we are beating t3, but im trying to say that his k3 isnt c/r'ing this river because if we had t3 we wouldnt call and he cant expect to get value from anything else.