Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 09:38 PM

Default Poker Stars Regulars

This thread is at the request of several posters to have a central location to discuss many of the regular players at a particular site.

2+2 generally focuses on poker strategy in an anonymous context and I don't want to see this change dramatically. However, we'll give his a try and see how it works.

Rules:

1) Don't intentionally disclose another 2+2'r screen name.
-Why? They will do it if they feel it is helpful and some people are very sensitve to this.

2) Don't discuss other 2+2 players during this discussion.
-Why? It can quickly lead down a path where people take things personally, ultimately derailing the thread. Sure, we have some dang good regulars among us, but lets try to focus on others.

3) Keep the discussion at appropriate levels $100+ (maybe..maybe $50)
-Why? At lower levels, the traffic just doesn't allow you to see that many regulars. Even when you do, the tables are filled (should be) with fishes and spending lots of time ironing out a regular isn't as necessary.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:51 PM

Default Re: Poker Stars Regulars

I think youll find that many regulars are 2p2er with varying levels of participation, so if we are trying to avoid discussing 2p2ers i think this thread needs locked again. However i think if kept positve this will turn out to be an awesome thread. Even if we repeat things that we notice at the tables. like for instance

a few 200nl players ive noticed

Ianbarns- is a tricky player-and knows how to play oop very well.
shazmeister- is a solid all around player who is not very creative but almost tilt proof
The_Main- strikes me as an abc tight player who straight grinds
Ryan_Palmer-Hardly ever plays, He rarely bluffs, but when he does its goin to work
Sabeo boy- good player but gets the tilt monkey on his back requently
Big limpin- i just now noticed him, i think he makes alot of mistakes, and spews alot, but im sure he must be making some money, or losing a [censored] with as many tables as he plays
treysfull- nit, makes his deicision on the flop of what he plans to do, gets trickin every once ina while, just a straight grinder

ill have more later, but i figured i'd pop this off.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:52 PM

since my SN on stars= my 2p2 name i guess it goes w/o saying that i dont care if im mentioned and if anyone has anything to say about my play (good or bad, im not easily offended) im fine with it. couldnt hurt anything and i may learn something. at 100NL i only have 25k hands but i havent seen anyone that i actively avoid. same for my 5k hands of 200NL but thats pretty meaningless cause i havent played w/ anyone long enough to really know how good they are.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:09 PM

I think this thread is a bad idea.
This site has a ton of lurkers, so lets say one of the lurkers see their name listed with some of their exploitable tendancies. The lurker then procedes to fix those tendancies without ever asking for help.

With poker tracker, PAHUD etc. People can do their own research on players.

Why give a cheat sheet?
Old 03-06-2007, 10:12 PM

My nemesis of the week is Piratepeaty. He will raise ANY 2 cards IN POSITION, he is willing to bluff it all in, and will do so about 1/4th the time he goes all in, but the other 3/4th he has a hand and being that he'll play any 2, i'ts very hard 2 put him on a hand.

Shazmeister is I think currently the best player at NL200. He plays 12 tables and was a 3/6 reguler until a recent downwing. He doesnt get tricky often but is very good at figureing out when some1 is tryin 2 get tricky against him.

Biglimpin plays alot of tables but I think hes a fish. Ive seen him call of some horrible hands.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think this thread is a bad idea.
This site has a ton of lurkers, so lets say one of the lurkers see their name listed with some of their exploitable tendancies. The lurker then procedes to fix those tendancies without ever asking for help.

With poker tracker, PAHUD etc. People can do their own research on players.

Why give a cheat sheet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I somewhat agree with him. I dont play cashgames on stars but it sounds like a bad idea to make this public because many players read here without posting.

Too bad its only $50NL and up. I have some serious question about a guy that is playing and 10+ tabling 0.01$/0.02$ for over 4 months now. And he plays like 4hrs each day [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
He will remain a mistery to me I guess [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
(its not a bot or anything since he is barely winning)
Old 03-06-2007, 10:19 PM

So your not smart enough 2 adjust your style when your oppenent does so, and instead rely on PT and PAHUD then maybe this thread isnt what you should be worrying about.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So your not smart enough 2 adjust your style when your oppenent does so, and instead rely on PT and PAHUD then maybe this thread isnt what you should be worrying about.

[/ QUOTE ]

Talking about players with your friends is one thing, posting things about players on a public forum is another.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:24 PM

The_Main is a 2+2er btw
Old 03-06-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you're drawing lots of conclusions based on not a lot of information and you're post is pretty irrelevant to this thread
Closed Thread