Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 09:23 PM

Default Re: 25NL KK against a paired board

I just think we value bet a donk like this until we get an indication we're behind. This donk is calling that flop bet with JT, QT, KT, etc., along with gutshot straights along with assorted pairs.

I know it's only 100 hands but with an aggro factor of 4 he is raising this turn when we're beat. As is, we give him a chance to take it away from us on the turn with that horrible bet (which he doesn't do).

No possible way to ever consider folding to that turn bet.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:26 PM

I may even block the river for $5ish to make sure I get value from JJ/QQ/AT--folding to any raise.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We are asking for a bet. Betting the turn is bad IMO. I'd be more inclined to bet here with KcKs.

[ QUOTE ]
As played I dont hate your turn call but folding would also be fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf, Simple? For real? It's 1/3 pot and we have an overpair and we have the second nut flush draw.

The river is a call because a 30/10/4 sponges 55 on this board and Ace high on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im a little fuzzy after a long session so your right folding is pretty nitty but not terrible -EV IMO.

I play with a lot of LAGs (good and bad) live and one thing I know is that they make things tough for you on scary boards.
In particular OOP with an overpair.

One thing I dont see him doing is betting the turn and river with anything we beat here.

I think one of the biggest leaks I ever had was getting attached to overpairs in situations like this.
This one is borderline but if the villan was betting 3/4 pot on the turn Im outta there.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:36 PM

One other thing I forgot to mention regarding why I think the river is a fold - bet sizing.

The turn bet does not want you to go away, I think its a made flush at the very least.
Also the river looks like a value bet as well, I think he bets more with a busted draw and as I said checks behind 1 pair hands.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:43 PM

The turn bet could also be something like AhT for value/pricing. River could well be a value bet, but villain could well be making a "value bet" with that same AhT. I felt it was really marginal either way and against a passive villain I'd probably fold river.