Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2007, 03:13 PM

Default Re: Some $600NL hands

It's a shame a thread like this gets any responses at all. However, here I am typing in it.

Reason is I'm just curious as to what motivation you have to make such a post Daniel? I'd like to know because the only conclusion I can come up with at this point is you must be a dick. If I'm wrong, please let me know and perhaps I'll learn something from you at some point.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
]How is us not playing higher than NL200 lead you to you posting these hands there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I see the same tired advice being passed back and forth in every single thread. I think some of the advice is very good but it only makes me wonder why 95%+ of the posts are from $200NL and below. For as much thought and insight that is put into some of these threads I don't understand why more of you aren't playing higher.

I read the FR forum because I play FR on occassion. Some of you seem to have a much better grasp on the game than I do yet your results don't seem to reflect it. Are you simply good at giving advice, but not actually putting it into practice. Are there other leaks that you're not addressing?

My original post was condescending. That was the point. I don't think the hands I posted are particularly well played. I'm just trying to stir [censored] up and liven this forum up a bit. It seems like it has a lot of potential that isn't being fulfilled for some reason.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:35 PM

I think some of the excellent posters here just haven't gotten to growing their rolls to NL400+ levels.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think some of the excellent posters here just haven't gotten to growing their rolls to NL400+ levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another thing that some young players don't realize either is the difference between their life and other's lives.

You take a young man in his mid 20s with no responsibilties, wife or kids with just rent for his one bedroom apt, and they just don't understand a lot of things other men with families and responsibilites have to handle...and I don't even qualify for the "purpose" of his post. However, I ran into some players in the limit realm talking about these things to me.
Old 04-29-2007, 03:42 PM

im 21 and had to pay for wedding and honeymoon [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] god help me when im grown
Old 04-29-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im 21 and had to pay for wedding and honeymoon [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] god help me when im grown

[/ QUOTE ]

I got married when I was 21 as well. Yeah...God have mercy on your bankroll. When I was playing limit, I was withdrawing $7500 a month from my winnings. That was a big deal for me.