Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Another gem against betgo

This thread is a direct result of pokerboys downswing and tilt. The Original post had no reads in it, no commentary, not even what kinds of advice he wanted to get on the hand. It was hard to understand what pokerboy wanted by making the thread, and in general, even against a villian like betgo 5-betting with JJ is not a good idea. If Betgo had showed AA instead of JJ, would he still have made this post? Probably not, and so he made this thread basically to show how unlucky he got. Do you really think tilt had nothing to do with making this call?
Old 04-17-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread is a direct result of pokerboys downswing and tilt. The Original post had no reads in it, no commentary, not even what kinds of advice he wanted to get on the hand. It was hard to understand what pokerboy wanted by making the thread, and in general, even against a villian like betgo 5-betting with JJ is not a good idea. If Betgo had showed AA instead of JJ, would he still have made this post? Probably not, and so he made this thread basically to show how unlucky he got. Do you really think tilt had nothing to do with making this call?

[/ QUOTE ]
5-betting JJ against me may not be good in general, but I think it is fine given the history between Pokerboy and me.

My thinking may be partly strategic, but it is partly "he reraised me again. This time I have a real hand and I am not going to let him steal the pot."

Also, I had 4-bet him atleast once and folded to a push. Of course with a hand like AQ, I could fold or flat call, rather than 4-bet. Once I decide to 4-bet AQ or a similar hand, I am calling a push. Given the history, I am almost always 4-betting QQ+, AK and calling a push (but I would not play AK or QQ so strongly against some tight players). If I 4-bet 63s or something, then of course I fold to a push.

I agree that just posting the hand without the context is kind of strange. In context, I think both player's play makes sense.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:24 PM

In a vacuum I think both players played this hand fine. However I agree that with no other analysis of the situation this seems like an akward post.

Also, i dont think raistlinx is a a troll. He usually always provides good comments and feedback to anyones questions.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Original post had no reads in it, no commentary, not even what kinds of advice he wanted to get on the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah...that's the problem. He gave all that stuff by saying it was verse Betgo. Those who frequent PStars 100NL knew exactly what 1pokerboy was describing and asking. It did leave the rest of the forum in the dark.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:36 PM

interesting questions
I know this is at a higher level, but the 3-betting and 4-betting lite is an increasing factor in games.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:44 PM

To clarify some points MT2R:

My harsh response to Pokerboy was composed after his post: [ QUOTE ]

Get the [censored] out of my thread you worthless piece of [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]
I was responding to someones post asking what the point of the OP was NOT to the OP. I still believe, along with others, that this was just a BBV post. I respect others may not.

Pokerboy goes out of his way to slam me and as you say:
[ QUOTE ]
This is not poker related and uncalled for stuff. Bring it out in the PM system or through the mods. Better yet, just don't bother with this at all.

[/ QUOTE ]
But I'm not going to just sit back and take it. Sorry. I stand by what I said.

However, I do not go out of my way to make posters lives miserable, and the notion that someone could post something on the forum to make someones feel a different way is silly.

You also mistake defending my point of view with having a problem that someone thinks differently about something. In fact I WANT people to have a difference of opinion. I just also want them to back it up. Many people here don't and that is a disservice to the forums.

You think my advice is bad and that is actually great. I hope you point out "why" everytime I post something you don't like. I'm sure I will counter and hopefully two different sides emerge. I'm sure we have two very different styles that work for each of us. We both should be putting these out there for the lurkers/posters in this forum to make up their OWN minds. We all know there is no "one" correct way to play NL. You go with what works best for you.

Finally, as others have pointed out, this thread was not meant for feedback or discussion. Where was the question in the OP? PB wasn't questioning or stating anything, he was showing how "good" he played and how unlucky he got.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You also mistake defending my point of view with having a problem that someone thinks differently about something. In fact I WANT people to have a difference of opinion. I just also want them to back it up. Many people here don't and that is a disservice to the forums.

You think my advice is bad and that is actually great. I hope you point out "why" everytime I post something you don't like. I'm sure I will counter and hopefully two different sides emerge. I'm sure we have two very different styles that work for each of us. We both should be putting these out there for the lurkers/posters in this forum to make up their OWN minds. We all know there is no "one" correct way to play NL. You go with what works best for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm probably guilty of thinking less of you because I disagree with your advice so often. I do post opposing viewpoints and arguments quite often. I was actively involved in a few of your posts the last few weeks. However, I am also careful to not say too much as many people on the forum play against me and I do not want them to know my thoughts exactly. I think I share too much as is. DLM has been pwning me of late and I think it is because he knows my game quite a bit.

[ QUOTE ]
Finally, as others have pointed out, this thread was not meant for feedback or discussion. Where was the question in the OP? PB wasn't questioning or stating anything, he was showing how "good" he played and how unlucky he got.

[/ QUOTE ]
The 100NL PStars regulars knew what the question and situation were. It's pretty obvious I thought.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm probably guilty of thinking less of you because I disagree with your advice so often. I do post opposing viewpoints and arguments quite often. I was actively involved in a few of your posts the last few weeks. However, I am also careful to not say too much as many people on the forum play against me and I do not want them to know my thoughts exactly. I think I share too much as is. DLM has been pwning me of late and I think it is because he knows my game quite a bit.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, you are one of the better people at posting your thoughts along with your opinions. Some on here could learn from your example.

[ QUOTE ]
The 100NL PStars regulars knew what the question and situation were. It's pretty obvious I thought.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am sure you are right, but I'm not sure they are in the majority here.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
never played w/ betgo, but you really think TT/JJ is in his 4-bet/shoving range?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, NH pokerboy...
Old 04-17-2007, 05:24 PM

There is a reason this is from $0.50/1.00 table and I guess it also explains why I rarely see posts from games higher than $1/2.

It's laughable how so many people that post here are more worried about things like meta-game than they are about plugging significant leaks in their game. There is way too much discussion about unique and opponent specific situations than there is about generally playing a solid, well balanced game. Grant it, these situations can be interesting to discuss but you'd people be much better served by concentrating on the ABCs than worrying so much about situation X that you're rarely going to encounter.