Old 10-11-2006, 06:39 PM
Idi the Nigerian Idi the Nigerian is offline

Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Default Opportunity to bring Showball to Nigeria

My friends,

I was taking a break from managing my many business ventures, and decided to check to see if I had received any "friend requests" or messages on my myspace page.

I had recently accepted a friend request from "www.flairent.com". Upon visiting their webpage, I discovered that they are attempting to market a basketball-type game which they call "showball". According to their myspace page:

About me:
Flair Entertainment is a new generation of basketball entertainment. Flair Entertainment is a entertainment type of basketball labeled showball. This game consists of all dunks and all tricks. This isn't about lay-ups abd three pointers. These tricks consist of rolling on the ground while putting the ball and your shirt followed by a high flying dunk. The games will have DJ's providing music giving the game an exciting atmosphere for all spectators. Flair Entertainment is working on getting a tour on the West Coast of the United States, a tour in Asia, and a tour in Europe. Along with the tour, Flair Entertainment wants to get into seperate games, camps, commercials, posters, action figures, clothing, movies, DVD's, and anything else they can do to innovate the sport and entertainment industry. With each visit in every city, Flair Entertainment will visit local elemenentary schools and talk to kids about drugs, violence, and other problems facing their generation. Flair Entertainment looks to promote physical activity, inspire kids to follow their dreams, and keep kids off the streets. Flair Entertainment is also sketching ideas out for a documentary on rural kids dreams. If you have any questions feel free to leave a message or a comment. You can check out the website at www.flairent.com
Who I'd like to meet:
Investors, fans, sponsors, sports marketers, CEO's of businesses, film makers, people interested in a entertainment project, and all other business professionals!

Apparently they are interested in doing business with me, as I received this message shortly thereafter:

From: www.flairent.com

http://www.myspace.com/107883513

Date: Sep 26 2006 10:28 AM Flag spam/abuse [ ? ]
Subject: Bringing Flair Showball To Nigeria
Body: Hello Idi,

Flair Entertainment is a new entertainment company that looks to innovate the game of "basketball" with showball. Showball is the art that goes deep into basketball. The game is all tricks and all dunks. The games are not about a win or a loss. Each game is about keeping the crowd on their feet and into the game for all the time they are there. Besides games Flair looks to get into tours, camps, DVD's, clothing, commercials, posters, and anything possible. They are looking at doing a documentary on rural kids dreams and how their chances are slimmer due to their opportunities they are faces with. Along with each city they will visit local elementary schools and talk to kids about drugs, violence, and other problems facing the younger generation. There will be a session before every game allowing any of the locals (any age) to participate with a change to get into the big game. That will depend on their talent, judged by the crowd and players. Players will come from all over the United States, ranging from New York to Sacramento. These players have been in Gatorade commercials to being in the spotlight on ESPN. The tricks these players perform are so crazy, they are indeed hard to explain. Moves such as a “slip and slide” where the player performs a roll on the ground or a trick where the player puts the ball in his shirt, takes the shirt off, and takes the ball out and bounces it off the defender’s head. Tricks will be followed by a high flying monster dunk. The games will provide high notch entertainment. DJ’s will be court side playing hot new tracks that keep the excitement of the spectators always on their feet. Radio stations will be in partnership to promote the games to get the maximum number of people in attendance. The radio stations will also give away free tickets to lucky contestants. Flair Entertainment’s goal besides providing the hottest entertainment around is to inspire kids to follow their dreams, promote physical activity, and to keep kids off the streets. You can view their website at www.flairent.com or view their mypace at www.myspace.com/flairent At every game there will be tons of free giveaways, dunk contests, and other contests later to be determined. Flair Entertainment has already laid out plans for a short promotional tour in the Northwest part of the United States. The cities would be Everett and Tacoma, WA; Portland and Eugene, OR; and Redding and San Francisco, CA. Flair Entertainment also has contacted people in Europe and a partner in California that would be interested in doing an Asia Tour. Flair Entertainment has contacted many organizations willing to partner such as Dime Magazine (giveaways), Sho Shot Athletics (jerseys), and Jay Curtiss Athletics.

Flair Entertainment was created in February of 2006 by Patrick Killip and J.D. Holm. They created this entertainment company so that players with top notch entertainment basketball talent could get noticed. Each of the creators hopes to provide for their family and entertain for a living. They come from a small rural area in Northwest Montana. No one has ever come from their state and they look to be the first. A lot of people doubt them because of where they are from. This entertainment company they created should make a lot of people happy over the world as they are showcased with the craziest basketball talent in America.

I ignored this missive, as I am not interested in expending the time, money and effort to bring "showball" to Nigeria.

However, they are a determined lot, as I received these two messages a few days later:

From: www.flairent.com

http://www.myspace.com/107883513

Date: Sep 26 2006 1:31 PM Flag spam/abuse [ ? ]
Subject: ?
Body: Hello,

I seen you had read the message. Would you be interested in bringing showball to Nigeria.

and

From: www.flairent.com

http://www.myspace.com/107883513

Date: Sep 26 2006 3:53 PM Flag spam/abuse [ ? ]
Subject: Showball
Body: Hello Idi,

Would you be interested in bringing showball to Nigeria?

Thanks,

Patrick Killip
CEO
Flair Entertainment
www.flairent.com

Though I am flattered by their entreaties, I must decline their repeated invitations as running an ongoing basketball concern is outside of my areas of expertise.

However, I wish them the best in their future endeavours.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:43 PM
[censored] [censored] is offline

Location: mortally hurting
Default Re: Opportunity to bring Showball to Nigeria

Idi my friend. I hope all is well with you
Old 10-11-2006, 06:59 PM
odellthurman odellthurman is offline

When I first opened this thread, I thought you were proposing bringing Snowball - the 2+2 poster - to Nigeria.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Mr. Francis Mr. Francis is offline
Member

Location: Minna, Nigeria

Idi my friend,

You know how much I respect you ok...but I really think you'e missing the boat here. Showball sounds like a most entertaining event, what with the rolling on the ground and the dunking ok...think of the possibilities for Nigerian youth.

Respectfully,

Mr. Francis
Old 10-11-2006, 07:13 PM
RayPowers RayPowers is offline

Location: In your threads, killing them.

I can not beleive that there was no response about how you have recently discovered that a prominent politican in your country needs to flee from political persecution immediately and you need to move 32 Million dollars to the U.S. as soon as possible to facilitate this, and if they'd only give you a bank account number, you'd be more than happy to give them a percentage to help them finance their business venture in Africa...

Ray
Old 10-11-2006, 07:13 PM
Dids Dids is offline

Location: 215 lbs of fatness

[ QUOTE ]
When I first opened this thread, I thought you were proposing bringing Snowball - the 2+2 poster - to Nigeria.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a horrible thing to do to Nigeria.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:33 PM
SackUp SackUp is offline

Location: Undefeated as a Lawyer!

[ QUOTE ]
When I first opened this thread, I thought you were proposing bringing Snowball - the 2+2 poster - to Nigeria.

[/ QUOTE ]

ha, i thought the same thing.

and being the first to respond to your own thread is pretty hilarious.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:33 PM
[censored] [censored] is offline

Location: mortally hurting

[ QUOTE ]
Idi my friend,

You know how much I respect you ok...but I really think you'e missing the boat here. Showball sounds like a most entertaining event, what with the rolling on the ground and the dunking ok...think of the possibilities for Nigerian youth.

Respectfully,

Mr. Francis

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHHAHA the use of 'ok' so awesome hahahaha
Old 10-11-2006, 07:34 PM
offTopic offTopic is offline

Location: short, for a Japanese

Idi, my friend,