Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 01:48 PM

Default Re: standard line?

ty all, this is what i assumed, it jsut seems sloppy, like there should be some better way to lose less to a K and get more from a J or 8, but i certianly cannot think of one aginst a good thinking tag. ty for the input.
dave
Old 10-03-2007, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Against a lot of people I put in more action on flop or turn some of the time just because we never trust each other and they are playing 8/J/K the same way against me. Folding or thinking about folding is terrible so I assume you aren't suggesting that.

Basically I need history to put in more dollars and need to be heavily medicated to put in less so this looks good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree 100%. I have history against this guy, and this is the only way to play it. An example of a player you'd know that I would put another flop bet in against would be luckyhorse, or myself sometimes.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:03 PM

I dont really see why you would want to put in more flop action. As played is fine. If you think you are ahead >50% on the river, go ahead and raise it there and fold to a three bet.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:09 PM

Some decent players in these games relaibly overplay the flop, but then slow down later in the hand if we stick around. A lot of his weaker hands might c/c the river hoping to induce a bluff, but they will also gladly call down a flop 3 bet. Against these types of players I always prefer to jam the flop in position if we have an equity edge. Regardless, this guy is not one of those guys, and I think the line taken is best.