Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 06:08 AM

Default Re: FLO8 - Pre-flop play from Blinds

[ QUOTE ]
The first "sentence" is unclear. Is TAG three seats off the button? Is BB the player who is tricky and rather loose-aggressive?

If I've interpreted correctly, isn't "TAG player (3 seats off the button) open raises a tricky rather loose-aggressive player in BB." clearer?

And then what or who is "it" in the second sentence?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, if the grammar slips were unclear. It is hard in a forum to write perfectly, most native speakers tend to write as they speak here, rather than correctly.

I'm not sure about whether the suggestion of defining the position before the action, rather than after is any better. Your approach is systematic, but doesn't seem natural, in English (and German) often the verb part is the 2nd clump in the sentence; though English has a lot of flexibility and wiggle room.

On TAG players, it is their right (due to their patience) to sometimes raise with absolute filth, to mix it up and either make you fold incorrectly on flop, or make you raise incorrectly if they catch big with a surprise holding. If they do it too often, they're becoming LAG, if they do it too little, they're becoming Rocky and not TAG (thought that might be the optimum strategy in this hand at that table).

Having a Maniac in the pot, means it's not a steal though, so I wouldn't give much credence to the player raising a weak player, with a trash hand.