Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 12:01 PM

Default Dean is going to contribute 2K to charity!!

Guys, in his usual attempts to discredit me, Dean made the post - which you can see in the thread detailing the conflict between king of drafts and myself - in which he agreed to donate 2K to the charity of my choice if someone with access can look at my 2p2 messages and validate what I had said about posters pm-ing me about kod being a douchebag. I would like to take this time to publicly thank Dean for his charitable contribution. Schizophrenia is a terrible disease, and his 2K will go a long way.

The following is Dean's post(s):

How about you let Mat Sklansky or someone else access your pms and there are 8 people saying they have found KOD to be a scumbag (or equivalent word) in their interactions with him I ship $2k to the charity of your choice (perhaps the one you claimed you gave $2mil to but I could find no evidence of actually exisiting).

To that, I provided two examples, given here with names deleted:

- "i think you got scammed and KOD is scum. i hope you can clear your name and destroy hs reputation"

-hey samo, just wanted to say my aim is (deleted) give me a shout out if you want, i'll explain what i said on the site or wahtever, or just to talk strat, etc. also, fwiw, i'm with you on the crablar/kod thing, i always thought he was a jackass (and bad at poker)..

I have six more similar messages in my pm box. Thus, if this can be verified, Dean, as a man of his word (and someone who so vehemently attacks those whose integrity comes in question) is going to donate $2000 to the charity of my choice.

The charity is a national schizophrenia research foundation. The name of the charity is the Stanley Medical Research Institute.

Dean, you are going to keep your word, correct? Just verify that, and I will allow access (or ask the private posters to come forward - which I suspect they will for such an altruistic cause).
Old 06-27-2007, 12:09 PM

Default Re: Dean is going to contribute 2K to charity!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
samo,

Screem shots of the 10-12?

[/ QUOTE ]

(a) the fact that the posters sent me private messages clearly shows that they do not want this publicized, and I will respect their privacy

(b) this is completely immaterial and irrelevant to the matter at hand

(c) I admit that in my haste (and without actually counting), I overstated the number (10-12). There were 8 posters that pm'd me saying something to the effect that they believe Crablar to be scum.

finally, I am starting to get sucked into this discussion and flame-fest again - which is something that I am determined not to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about you let Mat Sklansky or someone else access your pms and there are 8 people saying they have found KOD to be a scumbag (or equivalent word) in their interactions with him I ship $2k to the charity of your choice (perhaps the one you claimed you gave $2mil to but I could find no evidence of actually exisiting).

[/ QUOTE ]

Will you really agree to this Dean? If I can prove that 8 people pm'd me to this effect, will you agree to donate 2K the charity that I request? I want this on record.

[/ QUOTE ]

We would have to hammer the exact details out but yes. But let me be clear - it ***cant*** be along the lines of

'Hey, I was reading the thread and I think you are in the right and he is definitely in the wrong!

Best,

Mr.x (poster with 5 posts).
'

because that is obviously totally meaningless.

Im looking for

'Hey, I have IMed/met in real life/played with KOD and imo he is a douchebag/[censored]/scumbag/has bad character'

D

[/ QUOTE ]

Dean, you should never have agreed to this! Now you are going to be a charitable donor to the National Schizophrenia Research Foundation. Thanks in advance for your contributions.

Here are two of the pms (without revealing the identity). If Mat Skalnsky or anyone else with access can verify that there are six more like this, you will donate 2K, correct?

- "i think you got scammed and KOD is scum. i hope you can clear your name and destroy hs reputation"

-hey samo, just wanted to say my aim is (deleted) give me a shout out if you want, i'll explain what i said on the site or wahtever, or just to talk strat, etc. also, fwiw, i'm with you on the crablar/kod thing, i always thought he was a jackass (and bad at poker)..

[/ QUOTE ]

What would make you think I owed you a cent? This is highly amusing.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:10 PM

Samo,

Please address the fact that you are completely ignoring every stipulation.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:12 PM

I don't think this is what Dean meant...it doesn't look like any of these people have actually INTERACTED with KOD before. More likely, these people are trying to get a quick-in into your poker knowledge by trying to use this incident to befriend you.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:13 PM

samo,

if you aren't going to contribute to strategy forums anymore why would you think any of us give a [censored]

[ QUOTE ]
Samo,

[/ QUOTE ]
stipulations were made after dean offered the bet. when samo agreed dean posted the stipulations. fill in the blanks: ANGL_SHOOT_NG

I suspected Dean would respond this way. I hope you can all see what a scumbag he is. As you can see in the thread in which Dean made this offer, Dean believed or tried to portray that I was lying about the private messages that I had received about kod.

After I agreed to his offer, he started throwing in these stipulations (after the fact) to cover his butt. All, I hope this truly shows everyone what kind of a worm Dean is.

As an aside, may I take this moment to ask anyone that would to donate a small amount - say $20-$50 to the Stanley Medical Research Institute? Anyone who is interested, please pm me and I will send details.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Samo,

[/ QUOTE ]
stipulations were made after dean offered the bet. when samo agreed dean posted the stipulations. fill in the blanks: ANGL_SHOOT_NG

[/ QUOTE ] stipulations were made after dean offered the bet
Old 06-27-2007, 12:15 PM

what a bunch of pathetic girls
Old 06-27-2007, 12:16 PM

Samo,

Please adress the fact that you are ignoring every stipulation.

Specifically, this one where dean says " in their interactions with him," before ever agreeing to anything. In both PMs there is no interaction between them.

Additionally, calling K_o_D a jackass, is not nearly the same as calling him a jackass. We are discussing KoD's integrity, not whether he is a nice guy or not.

Samo you are clearly ignoring anything relevent to the issue, and are VERY clearly in the wrong here.