Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: YEREKEEO
Your erection: reason everyone keeps ejaculating (elephantitis, obviously) 4 44.44%
yankees,especially rodriguez = egocenntric [killrallying envious egotistacal overated] 1 11.11%
Young Elvis ruled... eventually kept eating... enter obesity. 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2007, 07:26 PM

Default Re: Official Supernova Elite Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
-----changing that situation where you only get 6 months to take advantage of the 5x FPP's

Supernova Elite players that repeats in 2008 will earn 60%+ RB assuming they hit 1,000,000 VPPs Dec 31st.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you put it this way, I'm pretty much fine with it the way it is...

[/ QUOTE ]
Me too. This way we get 5* for more than 6 months with the more depending when we hit SNE for 2008. Stars gets the advantage they we have an incentive to play more. Can't see any advantage of spreading it evenly.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:46 PM

You already have the incentive to play more though.
The more you play the more 5x FPP's you earn.

If somebody only wants to earn 400k VPP's the following year instead of a million I think they still deserve to get the 5x bonus for that entire year...and obviously they will revert back to 3.5x the year after that.

I see that I'm apparently in the minority now and that most seem to be content that 5x for just the first 6 months is acceptable compared with what is supposedly their lone alternative.
I think it's only "okay" and should be more but I'll concede that it's not exactly the end of the world that you only get it for the first 6 mths.

I do think it's enough of a difference to keep some people from pursuing elite though even if it doesn't change things for me.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You already have the incentive to play more though.
The more you play the more 5x FPP's you earn.

If somebody only wants to earn 400k VPP's the following year instead of a million I think they still deserve to get the 5x bonus for that entire year...and obviously they will revert back to 3.5x the year after that.

I see that I'm apparently in the minority now and that most seem to be content that 5x for just the first 6 months is acceptable compared with what is supposedly their lone alternative.
I think it's only "okay" and should be more but I'll concede that it's not exactly the end of the world that you only get it for the first 6 mths.

I do think it's enough of a difference to keep some people from pursuing elite though even if it doesn't change things for me.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't really get this 'deserve' idea. Stars offered a promotion and all we deserve to get is what was promised which is 6 months 5*.

Obviously all players would prefer to get 5* for the whole next 12 months but Scotty is pointing out that the real alternative would be 4.25* for 12 months - I think most SNE's would lose from this change and so would Stars so it doesn't make a lot of sense.

It will make 2008 strangely lopsided - all arrangements being made for post June wherever possible.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:00 PM

I really wonder how many players will make repeat runs at SNE.

I reckon I have a 75% chance to make it this year... but I'm like 1% to make it next year.

The strain of playing so many hours is really getting to me.. I am playing poorly and my hourly rate would be better if I was flipping burgers.. however not to reach it now is almost unthinkable.. only 66 days to go [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't really get this 'deserve' idea. Stars offered a promotion and all we deserve to get is what was promised which is 6 months 5*.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is correct of course. It's not really a matter of 'deserving'.

Just feels a little tight to me to cut off somebody who earned 1-million freaking VPP's.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this is correct of course. It's not really a matter of 'deserving'.

Just feels a little tight to me to cut off somebody who earned 1-million freaking VPP's.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed it does feel wrong and I was hoping that they would change it - they had a similar rule for Supernova last year and changed it.

I guess SNE is near the limit of how generous Stars can be so changes in our favour are going to be hard, just a few zero cost tweaks.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I reckon I have a 75% chance to make it this year... but I'm like 1% to make it next year.

The strain of playing so many hours is really getting to me.. I am playing poorly and my hourly rate would be better if I was flipping burgers.. however not to reach it now is almost unthinkable.. only 66 days to go [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
we need a support group, don't give it up now you've come too far.

99%+ sure I'll make it this year but I'm not certain about next year though I probably will. I'd be suprised if many don't.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
we need a support group, don't give it up now you've come too far.

99%+ sure I'll make it this year but I'm not certain about next year though I probably will. I'd be suprised if many don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

The annoying thing is I'll probably bust out with AA v KK in Monte Carlo after 15 minutes, bluff off all my chips to an egg who can't lay down top pair in the WSOP and then bubble in the WCOOP main event with a flush against a straight flush.

Added to the fact I will probably need a 3 month break from poker if I do make it, so I won't benefit from the fpp boost. I doubt I will make a brass farthing out being supernova elite!!!

"My name is Camel and I'm a pokerstarsaholic"
Old 10-25-2007, 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Will supernova elites get a chance at a better cash bonus offer using the fpp's? like 200k fpp's for $3.5k or 4k? They already get rewarded greatly but just wondering since all the other levels got increased cash bonuses with fpp's. Getting them at 5x they will have plenty of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because 60% RB is enough...

[/ QUOTE ]

60% is so sick. wow.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:23 PM

this really isn't entirely accurate. It depends on what stakes and games you play.

When scottyy is referring to SNE players who repeat in 2008 I'm assuming he is including the miestone-bonuses and perhaps the value of the big tournaments in there. I agree with including that fwiw..it's all part of the value.
Just making sure that people realize that in most situations at least, 5x FPP's alone is probably not going to = 60% RB.

If I'm incorrect on this I'm sure he can let us know.