Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 03:37 PM

Default Re: 1/2 NL beatable? (foxwoods)

[ QUOTE ]
i tried to find out if 2/4 limit was beatable with the crazy rake + tips. I found it wasnt beatable and i should play 4/8 which i am fine with.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes it is. go read a couple of books or just use common sense. any decent player should be able to beat a live 2/4 LHE w/ 10% rake up to $4 or $5 for at least 1BB/hr. by the way, it helps a lot to not go crazy tippin. make the tip $1 every time and if the pot is less than a certain amount ($12 for me) then don't tip @ all.

[ QUOTE ]
That's NOT a great article. KIND OF informative and NOT ENTIRELY true.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
after reading the article it seems that 17BBPT/100 is easily attainable which is shocking and refreshing.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
i dont know how this holds any relevance to the subject other then you flexing your e-peen. but thank you for the input

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
because bb per hour is so vague, some games u might get close to 40 an hour , and other games like NL and the split games u might get only 20.

[/ QUOTE ]

first of all measurin BB/100 in a live game is stupid because u r not goin to be able to count the hands u play all the time. even if u r capable of doin it u should be usin that concentration to pick up bettin patterns and physical tells. a good live player only looks at the time they started playin and the time they stopped playin. once in a while u might count how many hands durin a half hr period so u have an approximation of how any hands u playin but by no means that's the measurin standard for live games.

also, u mentioned somethin about beatin the game for about 7BB/100. live that's roughly 2BB/hr. that's a VERY low winrate for live 1/2. u'll prolly be one of the donks if that's ur winrate. and u r surprised @ 17BB/100. live that's only 4 or 5BB/hr which is still not dominant but much more reasonable. if u r a dominant player u should beat the live 1/2 for double that amount with no problem @ all.

one last thing. i agree w/ the guy who mentioned that a solid player should be just fine on a 10 buy-in BR for this game.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: 1/2 NL beatable? (foxwoods)

[ QUOTE ]
...you under-estimate the donkey-ness of the FW 1-2 nl fish tank...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the problem, as long as inexperienced losers come in droves to donate then the game is fine. If a 1/2 starts to resemble the medium stakes limit games then the time charge will be prohibitive.