Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2007, 02:48 AM

Default Re: c/r bluff -- LO8

The preflop raise is fine in a shorthanded game--- a bit loose and OOP, but this isn't where you lose most of the value because against weak opponents who don't raise enough themselves, you can make up for it after the flop. And imo, that also includes surrendering, which is what I probably would've done somewhere between the flop~turn. The thing is, they're not folding, you know they're not folding, and you have to see that as an astute player.

I understand why you attempted the checkraise on the river because it definitely gives you the best chance to take half, but, from how I read the progression of the hand, the CR just doesn't line up with me. You're not going to CR a nut low against 2 opponents, and what high hand would you do that with, especially seeing that neither one of them ever raised you at any point during this hand(because most of the time when someone does CR, it's because their opponent(s) were playing back at them and they feel that a CR attempt will have a high success rate). So, the bottom line, for me anyway, is that I'm just not convinced, that's all. That said, at least you thought about ways to winning the hand on the end, so I couldn't fault you for that.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The thing is, they're not folding, you know they're not folding, and you have to see that as an astute player.

You're not going to CR a nut low against 2 opponents, and what high hand would you do that with, especially seeing that neither one of them ever raised you at any point during this hand

[/ QUOTE ]

these are my thoughts as well. i've been thinking about weird value bet lines that don't make sense for ABC opponents and this kind of line i think works very well for an aggressive player in a bit looser game.

you also have to factor in that i'm squeezing the CO against the button and he might have to see a capped river. There's a hand in negreanu's blog where he's playing an O8 hand with abe mossari, eli elezra. daniel has the button and on the river he has a naked 32 low. abe was betting the flopped nut straight the whole way and bet his high nuts on the river. Eli raised on the river making it two to daniel with abe still behind him. he was somewhat spectical of eli's raise since most times nut low hands call to get the overcall from the person last to act. anyway, daniel eventually mucked and abe just called. abe had the straight and eli had a A6 low to chop it up.

so taking that into consideration, i think it's actually a good time to get tricky /aggressive with a nut one way hand.

but in the long run, I definitely feel like a turn fold has the highest expectation. but for meta game, i expect my river checkraises to get a lot of action now.

resuts: CO tanked and mucked. button called and opened up A4xx (suprising me) and i took the high with AKxx
Old 10-22-2007, 01:39 PM

Try that move against me and i squash you like bug.

LIKE BUG!!!!

Hugglez.