Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2007, 01:12 AM

Default Re: weekly 5-10 PLO game at Venetian

[ QUOTE ]
It's been going a long time - my point is that I see no reason why a game in Vegas wouldn't be sustainable if you got together a sufficiently broad and deep (pocket) player base.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't exist is why. Vegas isn't the hotbed of high stakes poker and professional poker players that the WPT leads you to believe. With a few exceptions of bigger games, the money is in LA or the midwest. Toursist dont' want to ply for 25k a night in poker. They want to play their blackjack/hooker money on a poker table. This is a tourist based area. People aren't specifically coming here to play poker, it's a side event like a show, dam tour, swimming, et al..

SO yes, I see every reason why a game like that won't be sustainable in this town. There is exactly one regulary 10/20 NLHE in Vegas (Bellagio), and two regular 5/10's (W and B) with an occasional one at Caesars/Venetian.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:03 PM

Default Re: weekly 5-10 PLO game at Venetian

I played in a 1/2 blind 5 to come in $500 max game at Caesars Las Vegas yesterday. The game lasted a couple of hours in the afternoon. I am not sure that the room could sustain that game regularly, since three of us there were forum buddies in town for the weekend and I am not sure the game would have gone without us.