Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2007, 03:29 AM

Default 200BB BR Challenge aka 5/10 or Busto!!

Since I've never done a 'Pooh-bah' post or any type of milestone post, I've decided to try something different (yet similar I guess).

As mentioned in the May goals, one of my goals is to build a br high enough to play 5/10 short-handed. My target will be $2K. This is somewhat low as a br, however it will be enough to at least take shots at 5/10.

Ongaming is my network of choice for this project, as I currently have $ there & for my timezone this network seems to have decent traffic during weekday evenings.

Currently I have $600 in my account so I've decided to begin at 1/2 5max. Now I'm going to try to be flexible in setting rules for myself so I've devised the following:

- There will be a 'default' limit. Where I must begin playing at that particular limit until I have at least 200BB for the next highest limit.

- I can however move up limits during the session as long as I have started at my default limit & I have already made 30BB at that same limit. eg If I've made at least $60.00 I can move up to 2/4 (in the same vain as the 15BB challenge). But as soon as I have lost this I must drop limits again.

- If I ever drop 100BB at my current default limit I must lower my default limit & rebuild from there.

My progress will be documented & I will provide the micro's with my stats which I will post at different intervals. Along with my stats I will also post hands which I felt were worth reading. I hope to get at least 1 hand posted from each session.

At some stage I will be doing sweat sessions for any micro regulars if they are interested. When I've decided to run this I will post the time & get anyone interested to pm me.

Week 1:

So far so good, I've ran nicely & I have built my total br to $668.75. Here are the stats for my first week:

This is actually somewhat tighter than I would normally run for a 5max table, however there seemed to be a lot of calling stations playing which I guess made me tighten up a little.

To start things off here's a hand:

Table had been somewhat tighter & not that aggro postflop. This was pretty early on so I didn't have too much on my opps. Villain in this hand seemed somewhat on the laggy side of TAG but not enough hands to be really certain.

Ongame 1/2 5max
4 handed

PF: Gib is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

<font color="red">Gib raises</font>, 2 folds, <font color="red">BB 3bets</font>, <font color="red">Gib caps</font>, BB calls.

FLOP: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="red">BB bets</font>, <font color="red">Gib raises</font>, <font color="red">BB 3bets</font>, Gib?

Whats ur line here given our PF cap can we keep going or should we slow down? Do you look to pop the turn or r we getting setup to be pwned?

-----------------------------------------------------------

If ur interested in this or want to talk about the hand/stats or anything else related, post it in here.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:37 AM

Default Re: 200BB BR Challenge aka 5/10 or Busto!!

i call and raise the turn.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:39 AM

and good idea with this thread; i for one will follow it closely and offer support, lawling, and heckling at boht appropriate and inappropriate times.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:45 AM

alternately i cap flop and call down from there if more betting/raising takes place
Old 05-05-2007, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i call and raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
His line shows a lot of strength by 3betting into a PF cap. This line would put us in a tough spot if we get 3banged on the turn.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:12 AM

Gib, I call down. If he has AQ then so be it. I'm gonna have to make the switch to 6max myself soon enough, so I'm very interested in sweats and stuff. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] GL
Old 05-05-2007, 05:02 AM

easy call down. he has TT AK or AT and rarely AQ here. i'd never call and raise turn because people play bad when you cap the flop (ie. they will usually make the mistake of betting the turn with TT if you cap the flop). so if you cap the flop you can just call down bets. if you call and raise turn, you're going to get 3-bet by TT and AT. so other than just calling down, your only other play should be capping the flop. hope this makes sense. it's a good way to abuse people who don't realize things, which is most online players.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Ongaming is my network of choice for this project, as I currently have $ there &amp; for my timezone this network seems to have decent traffic during weekday evenings

[/ QUOTE ]

For real?

How many 5/10 FR games normally running say 1800-2300 weekdays?
Old 05-05-2007, 05:40 AM

He's talking SH!
Old 05-05-2007, 08:44 AM

Snitch the traffic for 1/2 -&gt; 3/6 5max &amp; some HU seems pretty good for our evenings. FWIW there seems to be more 1/2 5max games on during AUS evenings than our mornings. I don't know if the games are softer, but with higher traffic I should be able to find a decent game.