Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2006, 03:32 PM

Default Re: Should I CB? A Quiz.

wow I was quite a bit different than a lot of people.

H1 - yes
H2 - No - pocket pairs will call, and its a likely holding for him. Also I abuse the crap out of my button usually. I'm probably a 50/50 in this spot for cbetting.
H3 - yes
H4 - yes
H5 - yes This board likely missed them, and it could have hit me. I sometimes get played back here, but most of the time they just fold.
H6 - no - too dangerous
H7 - no - no draw. I go for the delayed turn cbet usually
H8 - no - too many opponents and the flop likely hit them. Pray for a freebie. Flop also doesn't fit our range that well (AQ/AK both missed).
Old 12-06-2006, 03:36 PM

H1:

Yes. You are HU (always a good factor in deciding whether to Cbet), you may still have the best hand and the board isn't so connected that I'm too scared to Cbet, especially HU.

H2:

Yes. You are HU and the "Big Pair Small Card" boards are always Cbets for me HU.

H3:

Yes. That board is terrible but you are HU, and he could have called with a lot of hands that are just as scared of this board and will instafold the flop. I take down a lot of pots here HU.

H4:

Yes, absofreakinglutely. You are a favorite over any one pair hand that is not AA or KK on this board. This is str8 value. See H6 for more on draws.

H5:

No. Maybe if they were players who folded a lot and didn't get to SD very often, but without a ditstinct read I wouldn't CBet here with 2 people in with me. If it were one player, I cbet again on a dry flop like this.

H6:

Rarely. You are HU, but that board hits a ton of hands in his calling range. Plus, in this hand you have a legitemate draw, in the other hands if you get reraised it is an easy decision (usually) to just let it go. In this one you may be inclined to continue and I'd rather take a free card and keep the pot small whle I have a weak hand/draw that I may want to continue with.

H7:

Yes. You are HU and you may still have the best hand. I would tread very carefully on this board though and the turn would be important.

H8:

No. You are out of position in a multiway pot with a coordinated board and you missed.

NOTE: I just started playing NL, so I may be way off on these. If I am fundamentally misusing any NL concept please let me know. also, with no reads I assumed all villains were average, decent-but-not-great players.

Edit: Also, I play FR if that makes a difference.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:40 PM

I'll elaborate on my reasons later, and this is presuming unknown villains and presuming I'm not planning on firing a 2nd barrel:

1) 50/50
2)no (but i would if i was planning on firing multi barrels)
3) yes
4) yes
5) 70/30
6) no
7) no
8) no
Old 12-06-2006, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KurtSF,

H6 - You say you're betting for value. I'm not saying that betting is necesarily wrong, but what worse hands are you getting value from by betting?

[/ QUOTE ]

22-99??

But this is a blind-steal situation, so what is SB calling with? My gut says we are ahead of his range, but I haven't done any maths. If we are not ahead, we have a weak OESD, a pretty decent draw. What can SB c/r with? KT? JTs? Definitly TT or JJ, but KK would have to rr preflop. What can SB call us down with? Not much, eh?

I'm heads-up and in-position with a mediocre hand and a decent draw. I'd like to take this down before SB picks up a better draw or hits some goofy 2 outer.

I'm not being facetious when I say I'd love to hear how I'm wrong. Thanks!
Old 12-06-2006, 03:43 PM

btw - i think this is a great quiz - i probably do c-bet more than I should.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:45 PM

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. Almost never.
4. Yes, although it would be more for value than a CBet per se.
5. Usually.
6. Yes.
7. Yes.
8. Not usually.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:47 PM

All but 6-8 are yes
Old 12-06-2006, 03:57 PM

Good comments, keep them coming. IMO, a good distrubution on this quiz would be 4 yes's, and 4 no's.

A definite yes: H3. Take your shot at it. You are UTG, rep the powerhouse. There's a decent chance you fold out a better hand like Kx, or TT.

A definite no: H8. OOP 3-way on a draw heavy flop. Draw heavy is when there are both flush and straights possible. You just have to check and fold this to a bet.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:59 PM

5 to 3 isnt bad sir [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2006, 04:02 PM

1. Sometimes
2. Sometimes
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes
6. No
7. No
8. Sometimes

1 board is super drawy and we have no had whatsoever. by betting if we get called we have no clue if hes on a draw or if he has a hand. this makes it hard to double barrel so i dont cbet here. (i actually do cbet this board but i probably shouldnt as much)

2 is player deendent IMO. hes not going to put us on a queen so if we think he will figure us for a pair then yeah bet it but against a station type player then no. (obv dont cb into any station but i mean the type who wont fold any ace in this spot)

6 board has way too many draws on it and our hand sucks as is right now. check and try to catch up because in a raised pot its most likely we are behind

8 same reason as number 1. im more inclined to bet here though then in one because we have 2 overs now instead of just one.

i know sometimes isnt an option but im using that as a no, but on occasion i do bet these boards

edit. [censored] i thought these were all heads up. ill have to reread them all now

ok i just change had 7 to a no. multiway with no spade. were 5050 at this point to ako with one spade. im def checking here