Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Am I blind or is there really no Kobe to Dallas thread???

[ QUOTE ]
Arenas over Kobe? You people are insane.

I really hope he won't go to the Bulls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying he's better. I'm saying he's amazingly awesome and hilarious. Having Arenas playing in your town is simply amazing, he puts his blog in the Washington Post like weekly. Without fail I laugh out loud. A couple weeks ago he was talking about how he was using 2 vs. 2 matches to boost his ranking in Halo 3 which is apparently "cheating". I was laughing my ass off

so in conclusion (Arenas' talent+Arenas' hilarity+ Arenas' pure entertainment value)> (Kobe's talent- Kobe being a bitch)

Hibachi 4 lyfe
Old 10-17-2007, 12:52 PM

I liked Arenas, until he started talking. He has no life and seems like a nerd, much like Chad Johnson. Only Chad Johnson is funny.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, Giving up Jason terry/Josh Howard and 2 first rounders for Kobe is probably a better deal for the lakers than it is for the Mavericks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Kobe plays JHo's position and obviously you upgrade. Devin Harris is now playing JET's position and that is a potential to upgrade, losing JET isn't that bad--he is a statue on defense and is either a 10 point (4-22 from the field) 4 assist no defense guy or 20 point 4 assist no defense guy each night whereas Devin Harris can add a lot more to the game. As far as first round picks, we are talking about the last couple picks of the first round--sure you don't want to lose it but for the greatest player in the game to team up w/ Dirk ummm you are a fool to not take it.

Dallas has a 1-2 year window here and Harris/Kobe/Stack/Dirk/Damp--Bass--Mbenga looks kind of enticing if you ask me.

Basically the best player you lose in the deal (Howard) you are upgrading in his position w/ the best player in the NBA. I also like the deal b/c (and tuq listen to me!) it gets rid of JET and puts Harris into the full time role.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I liked Arenas, until he started talking. He has no life and seems like a nerd, much like Chad Johnson. Only Chad Johnson is funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, this is awful. And you go to Georgetown? Arenas is funny because he's just funny. Chad Johnson works harder at being funny than John Henry at beating the steam hammer. This, makes him really not funny at all.

And Arenas doesn't have a life? And he "seems like a nerd"? Wtf? I guarantee he gets the most slit in DC. And an athlete playing Halo 3 =/= to an athlete being a nerd. I'll kindly ask you to retract those statemens about Gilbert
Old 10-17-2007, 01:01 PM

Muresan,

I am not stepping in to argue Gilbert vs. Chad but I will say that Chad is super funny. His locker room speeches are the best in the biz.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, Giving up Jason terry/Josh Howard and 2 first rounders for Kobe is probably a better deal for the lakers than it is for the Mavericks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Kobe plays JHo's position and obviously you upgrade. Devin Harris is now playing JET's position and that is a potential to upgrade, losing JET isn't that bad--he is a statue on defense and is either a 10 point (4-22 from the field) 4 assist no defense guy or 20 point 4 assist no defense guy each night whereas Devin Harris can add a lot more to the game. As far as first round picks, we are talking about the last couple picks of the first round--sure you don't want to lose it but for the greatest player in the game to team up w/ Dirk ummm you are a fool to not take it.

Dallas has a 1-2 year window here and Harris/Kobe/Stack/Dirk/Damp--Bass--Mbenga looks kind of enticing if you ask me.

Basically the best player you lose in the deal (Howard) you are upgrading in his position w/ the best player in the NBA. I also like the deal b/c (and tuq listen to me!) it gets rid of JET and puts Harris into the full time role.

[/ QUOTE ]

.. k, i just got owned.

here's the thing. if you're smart enough to see this, why would the lakers do this? I mean, they're not winning any time soon with Spurs/Suns/Mavericks in the same conference so why would they sell their main revenue ticket to build up the team which would lose in either first or second round.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:26 PM

Assani, IMO you got lucky. Your lemon thread accidentally turned into lemonade. I'd be interested in your take re: Aloysius' prop bet, by the way.

Has anyone proposing any of these trade scenarios actually considered the cap ramifications etc., or are you merely considering talent for talent?

I'll say it to the LOL, u r dumb if you don't want Kobe crowd again: I don't want Kobe Bryant on my team. Can't stand the guy, and though the Suns seem to be one of the few teams that can make this happen, I really hope they don't. If they get him and we're hoisting a championship banner next June maybe that deal for the devil will be worth it. For now I just want to punch him in the balls.

HOWEVER, I think this would be an incredible deal for Dallas if they can pull it off without losing Harris. Their window is maybe 4-5 years, Kobe and Dirk easily have that much left in their primes, injuries excepted. Now whether they can afford both of those guys AND decent talent around them, I don't know. But to me the biggest question mark around the Dallas Mavericks isn't their talent, it's their ability to win big games, and whether they're skullfucked by now after three tough playoff losses. Kobe brings a reputation for clutch play, incredible ability on both sides of the ball, championship pedigree, and a competitive drive rarely seen since MJ retired. He seems to solve what little problems Dallas has, and has more gas in the tank than Garnett does.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Muresan,

I am not stepping in to argue Gilbert vs. Chad but I will say that Chad is super funny. His locker room speeches are the best in the biz.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never heard them, any links? Naturally living in the DC area I get more exposure to Gil, so I like him a lot more.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're basing this off Gilbert's stories from when he was talking about being on the cover of NBA2k7 or whatever it is. The reason he sounded like a nerd who stays inside and plays videogames all day was because he was RECOVERING FROM KNEE SURGERY.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Assani, IMO you got lucky. Your lemon thread accidentally turned into lemonade. I'd be interested in your take re: Aloysius' prop bet, by the way.

Has anyone proposing any of these trade scenarios actually considered the cap ramifications etc., or are you merely considering talent for talent?

I'll say it to the LOL, u r dumb if you don't want Kobe crowd again: I don't want Kobe Bryant on my team. Can't stand the guy, and though the Suns seem to be one of the few teams that can make this happen, I really hope they don't. If they get him and we're hoisting a championship banner next June maybe that deal for the devil will be worth it. For now I just want to punch him in the balls.

HOWEVER, I think this would be an incredible deal for Dallas if they can pull it off without losing Harris. Their window is maybe 4-5 years, Kobe and Dirk easily have that much left in their primes, injuries excepted. Now whether they can afford both of those guys AND decent talent around them, I don't know. But to me the biggest question mark around the Dallas Mavericks isn't their talent, it's their ability to win big games, and whether they're skullfucked by now after three tough playoff losses. Kobe brings a reputation for clutch play, incredible ability on both sides of the ball, championship pedigree, and a competitive drive rarely seen since MJ retired. He seems to solve what little problems Dallas has, and has more gas in the tank than Garnett does.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd take him on the Suns. In large part because I don't believe Nash will be playing anymore or he'll be injured for half the season in a couple of years. Suns have one year left and then they are done from being in title contention once Marion is gone and Nash is two years older with his gimpy back.
Closed Thread