Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 02:27 AM

Default Re: Friday Night Lights Season 2

I don't really care about the details of the murder. I only care about Landry's character. How can he ever be remotely as engaging as he was during s1? It's not possible, right? In scenes where he tries to harken back to his old self, I'm going to look at him as a fake, a killer. He's got a really big secret that will consume him, effectively taking the best light-hearted moments out of the show and replacing them with nothing but darkness.

Anyone can see where they're going with this, "it will bring Landry and Tyra so close, closer than they ever could have been before this." That's lazy writing, imo.

It was a nice show that portrayed mostly real people that many could identify with. Throwing this element into the fray makes it seem much more Dallas.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone can see where they're going with this, "it will bring Landry and Tyra so close, closer than they ever could have been before this." That's lazy writing, imo.

[/ QUOTE ] I feel like it would be opposite in real life. If I killed someone with a close friend like that and threw him in the river whenever I hung out with that person that would be all I could think about so I would probably distance myself from them. Although the other side is hes the only person she can relate to and share with how shes feeling.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:16 AM

Two things about Ep1:

1. The Landry/Tyra thing was ridiculous. I know he is all twisted up with his desire to bang her, but no way he doesn't call the cops and tell them just what happened.

2. Most obvious foreshadowing ever--Coach Taylor misses his family too much and Buddy talks him into coming back after the Panthers start 0-2 or 0-3 and the Tennessee Tyrant gets canned. I'm certain the new guy is gone soon, and there is only one alternative to the above scenario, and that is Jason taking over the head job.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:17 AM

I thought the Landry stuff was decently done, it's just a little over the top drama that the show doesn't need.

His actions were pretty consistant with the character/situation.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2. Most obvious foreshadowing ever--Coach Taylor misses his family too much and Buddy talks him into coming back after the Panthers start 0-2 or 0-3 and the Tennessee Tyrant gets canned. I'm certain the new guy is gone soon, and there is only one alternative to the above scenario, and that is Jason taking over the head job.

[/ QUOTE ]

who cares if it's obvious, what matters is how well it is done.

i don't know if you watch the office, butit was obvious jim would find himself back at scranton at some point, yet it was still well written.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't know if you watch the office, butit was obvious jim would find himself back at scranton at some point, yet it was still well written.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now this was well written.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:49 PM

haha i did not see that avatar. or location. yeah.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

who cares if it's obvious, what matters is how well it is done.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know how well you comprehended my post. I don't remember having any complaints in point #2.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For the people that just watched episode one on the internet stream and not on TV, apparently they changed the Laudry/attacker scene slightly.

In the original version, Laudry hit the attacker once with a bottle while he was attacking Tyra which made it a bit awkward when the guy was knocked out for 30 minutes and really confusing on why they chose to do what they did afterwards.

Apparently in the TV version, they made Laudry hit the attacker several times in teh back of the head with a pipe when the attacker was walking away. The TV version sounds like it would make more sense and make the stryline less retarded and more feasible

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait so on TV they made it like cold (hot?) blooded murder rather than self-defense? That's so whack and completely out of character for Landry (trivia - Jesse Plemons played Lance Harbor's younger brother in Varsity Blues...)

Also, I'm like 7000% sure that Riggins was supposed to be a Senior last year. This bothers me.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I'm like 7000% sure that Riggins was supposed to be a Senior last year. This bothers me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think he passed his classes?

Also, I didn't watch the TV version and the way it is explained in this thread seems weird. More importantly, I am wondering why it was changed?