Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2007, 12:18 AM

Default Re: poker tracker is sooooooooo slow

Obviously not. Thats your guys job. You are also supposed to design something easy for the end user (most of whom dont understand DB's). It shouldnt be a royal pain in the ass to make it work.

Also, it prolly isnt best to throw rude comments at your customers. What are you trying to achieve when you talk down to the people that use your products? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Great customer relations. I wonder if I will buy products from a guy who likes to tell me how stupid I am?
Old 08-25-2007, 03:44 AM

fozzy, you've done nothing but bitch and moan about sql - and because of that, noone is willing to take the time to help you through your issues. You're notoriously bad at reporting errors and following instructions - especially when you're frustrated. If your attitude was slightly better, you might have some success at getting someone to help you.
Oh and I don't sell anything so please, please don't buy PT3 or HM so I won't have to read your moaning.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fozzy, you've done nothing but bitch and moan about sql - and because of that, noone is willing to take the time to help you through your issues. You're notoriously bad at reporting errors and following instructions - especially when you're frustrated. If your attitude was slightly better, you might have some success at getting someone to help you.
Oh and I don't sell anything so please, please don't buy PT3 or HM so I won't have to read your moaning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who the [censored] asked for your opinion? I wasnt talking to you, and you werent even in this thread. Why stick your nose into the middle of this?

I am not the only person that has problems with SQL, obviously. I have been offered help, with SQL, and turned it down, as it isnt a huge priority for me. I dont go around sayin no one will help me. I just said its a pain in the ass, and I couldnt get it to work on my PC.

Why dont u just "Ignore Users Posts" if you cant stand my whining??? Oh thats right, you prolly use all my MOD's. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Obviously no-one owes me any assistance with my SQL dilema that I gave up on. RVQ offered to try and walk me thru it, when he had time, after he first went beta. I declined his SQL help, as he was obviously busy, and I figured I would wait til it was less of a Beta, before worrying about it.

I am just a whiner, who does nothing but put up mean-spirited posts. I have never given any assistance to people in this forum? I have never spent 100's of hours making mod's by request, for free?

Should I check and see what kind of gold-mine you have given to this forum in your 186 posts? How many of those 186 posts were like this where you just decide to bash someone? Have you actually given anything worthwhile here? Advice, assistance, ideas, intellectual property ?......... Or just lots of bitchin and whinin.

Obviously no-one should be "willing to take the time to help ME through MY issues"? And obviously, I shouldnt be wasting my time making Mod's for [censored] like you,as I get nothing back in return.

Thanks for showing me the light.

You finally did something productive with your 186 posts. I have obviously donated way too much of my time, for a community full of [censored].
Old 08-25-2007, 03:13 PM

So because I said that you do not understand databases equates to me telling you that you are stupid? A lot of people do not understand databases and I would not say they are stupid. Pretty poor logic. I'll end it there.

Tracking poker statistics requires for the data to be stored somewhere. The only reasonable solution to this is a database. The only way to access data in a database is via queries or an API. Using SQL is not a choice its a must. With that said, you do not need to use SQL. The database can be essentially transparent to the user and it is. You are not required to query the database. To my knowledge you are only required to install the database, if you opt for Postgres. I fail to see your complaint.

So instead of complaining about SQL how about you research an alternative option. After you fail to find any then you will realize why we do the things we do.

-AP10
Old 08-25-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So because I said that you do not understand databases equates to me telling you that you are stupid? A lot of people do not understand databases and I would not say they are stupid. Pretty poor logic. I'll end it there.

-AP10

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP, DUCY?
Old 08-26-2007, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Who the [censored] asked for your opinion? you werent even in this thread. Why stick your nose into the middle of this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Read this thread from top to bottom and try to tell me you don't sound like a complete tool.
I'm sure there are people who like mods - I'm not one of them. Maybe if i posted some pretty pictures I could get my post count higher but I'm too pre-occupied with substance to give a sh!t.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:05 AM

gg

User has been ignored
You are now ignoring this user. You will no longer see the body of any of their posts.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:04 PM

you're a moron fozzy.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:10 PM

LDO

That was one of my "good" days.

And thanks for your opinion. It is invaluable.
Old 08-26-2007, 06:29 PM

fozzy, I think you might be confusing "SQL" and "PostgreSQL". SQL is a language that is used to query information from databases. PokerTracker uses SQL to query your Access databases. PostgreSQL is a database server. I hope now you can see what APerfect10 meant with his comment.

You are one of the few who, for whatever reasons (may very well be beyond your control), cannot get Postgres to install correctly. This isn't the fault of the developers of the poker tracking applications. It really is a great choice.

You might want to consider contacting the PostgreSQL support team about your installation problems. They are no doubt more experienced in that than we are.