Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2007, 02:07 AM

Default ($11) JJ HU flops a disaster, but turns a miracle?

Okay...I really screwed up here early. I was thinking the BB was t25, not t50 and ended up putting in a min-raise PF.

Villian got lucky a couple hands into the tourney and eliminated someone. A few hands later he caught a set on an A high flop against two villians both with AK and managed to stack them both. I have no idea if villian has any skillzzzzz here.

After my screw-up PF I feel I really continued to donk away here. Help on all streets (PF I would have been raising to $200)

WPEX One-Table Tourney
$10 + $1.00 Texas Hold'em (No Limit)
5 seats max
Blinds $25/$50

HERO $2412
Villian $5088

Dealt to HERO J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

HERO raises to $100, Villian calls $50

Dealing Flop K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (Pot $200)

Villian checks, HERO checks

Dealing Turn [K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (Pot $200)
Villian bets $50, HERO calls $50

Dealing River [K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (Pot $300)

Villian bets $248, HERO raises to $1,299 (All-In)
Old 01-03-2007, 02:08 AM

Default Re: ($11) JJ HU flops a disaster, but turns a miracle?

Good analysis. You donked into a miracle.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:22 AM

Default Re: ($11) JJ HU flops a disaster, but turns a miracle?

PF: I'd almost certainly raise here, but I've found when HU that you can sometimes get more chips by letting them think they have the leading hand going into the flop. In this case the flop sucked for JJ, so you were boned.

Flop: Ok, He just called PF and checked on the flop, he isn't showing any strength and I'd probably go for a 200 bet(the pot).

Turn: You hit a straight but your hand is vulnerable to a flush; especially a spade flush IMHO. I'd raise him to 250 here.

River: most likely a blank here, unless he was fearing a flush; I don't think I'd bet that much. I'd go 800-900; the guy would probably reraise you all in anyway.

-Chry