Default No Way Out Discussion Thread

Thoughts on tonights PPV?
Old 02-18-2007, 03:44 PM

Default Re: No Way Out Discussion Thread

There's a PPV tonight? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-18-2007, 04:36 PM

Here's my predictions:

Main Event- Cena/Michaels vs. UT/Batista.
Should a fun match that will serve to setup the respective wrestlemania main events. Both teams will start fighting with each other at some point. As far as the finish it really will be determed by who can afford to take a pinfall here. UT is not getting pinned. Batista can't really take a loss right now (he's losing enough heat as it is) Michaels and Cena wouldn't suffer as much from a pinfall but since Cena has barely lost a match in 2 years I would think he should take the fall here, to make him seem beatable and build interest towards WM. Michaels still needs to be "built up" as a main event singles wrestler since he's been a tag team wrestler for the last 8 months and before that he was never in the title picture at all.
So UT/Batista win this one, possibly with interference from Orton/Edge.

Tag Team Championship-
London/Kendrick vs. Deuce/Domino
London and Kendrick have lost to these guys 3 weeks in a row on SD. They're not losing a 4th time simple as that.

ECW Title Match
Lashley vs. Kennedy
Obviously they want to give Lashley some more exposure here since ECW doesn't really have PPVs. Matching him against Kennedy should provide a decent match but the booking here seems odd. According to everything I've heard both of these guys are supposed to be in line for big pushes so having one of these guys lose doesn't seem to make sense. (Although Kennedy seems to be losing alot lately) Lashley wins here, Kennedy wins a big match on SD next week to get some heat back.

Cruiserwieght Match
Gregory Helms vs. Shannon Moore vs. Jimmy Yang vs. Jamie Noble vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. Daivari
- I guess Chavo's push is over and he's been demoted back to the Cruiserweight division. Shannon Moore is on SD apparently with no explanation given. Oh well. This match has potential to be good but probably won't be given enough time to shine. Helms retains.

Kane vs. Booker T (i refuse to call him King Booker)
- Could really care less about this one as these guys have fought a bunch of time already in the last few years. Booker T cheats to win and Kane continues to languish on the (upper) midcard.

-Boogeyman/Little Boogeyman vs. Finlay/Little Bastard
If Finlay's team wins this would mean the beggining of an ongoing feud so lets hope they lose. Also let's hope this is a short one. Why is this even on the card? Boogeymen win.

-Benoit/Hardys vs. MVP/MNM
Last minute addition. Show how messed up SD is. They change the 4 way ladder supposedly because they don't want the Hardys and MNM to be tag teams anymore but then they add this match. If given enough time this could steal the show. MNM wins to set up some kind of Hardys/MNM match at WM.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:39 PM

No Way Out is going to be likely the worst PPV in years.

The change of the 4-way ladder match to London/Kendrick vs. Deuce and Domino makes no sense. Deuce and Domino as Tag Champs isn't going to make anybody turn it to the CW on Friday nights. They're not going to sell PPV's. The "Attitude Era" killed gimmicks like this, I'm amazed they even exist.

Kane vs. Booker. Wow. That's going nowhere.

Boogeymen? Good god. Little Bastard was funny for about a week. Or not. This match is going to suck. They'll be curtain jerking and there will be a mass exodus to the bathrooms and concession stands. No heat.

Kennedy will probably have the best match of the night. It wouldn't surprise me to see him take the ECW strap, if only for a little while. He deserves a push.

Tag team main event, I don't even know. Obviously the teams will fight each other, this could go no contest. Especially interesting, actually, the only interesting thing, is how they're going to get the tag belts off HBK/Cena by Wrestlemania. If anybody wins, its Taker and Batista, I think.

I'm not looking forward to Wrestlemania, which is the only PPV I ever really look out for.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No Way Out is going to be likely the worst PPV in years.

The change of the 4-way ladder match to London/Kendrick vs. Deuce and Domino makes no sense. Deuce and Domino as Tag Champs isn't going to make anybody turn it to the CW on Friday nights. They're not going to sell PPV's. The "Attitude Era" killed gimmicks like this, I'm amazed they even exist.

Kane vs. Booker. Wow. That's going nowhere.

Boogeymen? Good god. Little Bastard was funny for about a week. Or not. This match is going to suck. They'll be curtain jerking and there will be a mass exodus to the bathrooms and concession stands. No heat.

Kennedy will probably have the best match of the night. It wouldn't surprise me to see him take the ECW strap, if only for a little while. He deserves a push.

Tag team main event, I don't even know. Obviously the teams will fight each other, this could go no contest. Especially interesting, actually, the only interesting thing, is how they're going to get the tag belts off HBK/Cena by Wrestlemania. If anybody wins, its Taker and Batista, I think.

I'm not looking forward to Wrestlemania, which is the only PPV I ever really look out for.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel pretty much the same, although I don't think Kennedy will win the ECW strap.

I will prob download this tonight and watch it tomorrow afternoon, with the majority of it being skipped or fast-forwarded thru. I'd almost rather burn $40 then pay for this one.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:40 PM

I've tried to skim over anything that makes predictions as I like to just guess as I go along and you guys are too good at this.

Here's my interest level in the bouts tonight.

Finlays/Boogeys: Might be good entertainment, but I doubt it. Booker/Boogey was okay, this will get boring fast.

Cruiserweight open: Helms is good to watch, hope he retains

Diva Talent: Potential to be hilarious, but it wont be

Kane/Booker: er, ok, might be a good bout but let's not have this for 3 months pls.

Lashley/Kennedy: I can't work out if winning this or losing it means Kennedy continues his push. He's about my favourite guy right now and I think I want him to lose this.

WWE tag champs: Tag bouts tend to be boring to me, Kendrick/London are no exceptions. Very little interest in this although a title change (followed by another shortly after) would be welcome

Benoit/Hardys etc: Didn't bother to watch this

Main event: Is this the worst main event in the history of PPV? Well I doubt it, but a tag main event had better contain some great storyline because otherwise it's going to be pretty rough.

Excuse the negativity, but I think it's their own fault for trying to set WM way too early. My own personal distaste for tag wrestling doesnt help.... but dont we have Survivor series for that?

Also, this is No Way Out, aren't we supposed to get a cage match?

Lori
Old 02-18-2007, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will prob download this tonight and watch it tomorrow afternoon, with the majority of it being skipped or fast-forwarded thru. I'd almost rather burn $40 then pay for this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

We get 50% of PPVs free. Thankfully this is one of them because I wouldn't have bothered to pay this time.

Lori
Old 02-18-2007, 10:53 PM

Other than the squeaky ref, this Kennedy Lashley match is a pleasing surprise.

Lori
Old 02-18-2007, 11:00 PM

Don't know how well you guys know Vinnie Jones, but him fighting Steve Austin would be funnier to me than KFed vs Cena.

Lori
Old 02-18-2007, 11:31 PM

This sounds like the worst PPV in a while (not counting December to Dismember.) Sicne Rey or JBL was SD champ maybe.

Where's the WHC title match? The most important person is the champ, because he has the belt, and there's no title defense? Ugh.

What's wrong with Vinnie Jones? He's the Juggernaut.