Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-21-2007, 02:28 PM

Default Re: So the table idiot opens for 25BBs...........

I think call, hoping for someone to "squeeze" - I know I'm shoving pretty wide after idiot push and a call or two (though if I had a read that you didn't suck, the cold-call would be terrifying and probably make me fold anything less then AK/TT)
Old 08-21-2007, 03:52 PM

If your table image is good, shove. If its bad, call. If its anything NL25 or below, call because people will not view your call as scary.
Old 08-21-2007, 11:16 PM

say "call" as you put in like 10BB worth of chips, wait for someone to correct you, and then "oops" as you put the other 15BB in.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
say "call" as you put in like 10BB worth of chips, wait for someone to correct you, and then "oops" as you put the other 15BB in.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2007, 10:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would min raise and here is why. If a player behind you has a great hand like 1010+ he should push.... you then have him. You won't have many callers when you min rasie with drawing hands. The only other hands willing to call 50BB cold must be AK or maybe 1010-QQ with no sack.. Any raise from a big stack and you go all in of course. I think this line has the best chance to get a loose call from 1010 or 99 or 88 and a good chance to stack a QQ or KK or AK suited... just my crap advice though. And of course your min raise forces orginal raier to call - nice....

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually agree very much with this reasoning. What stakes is this at, because I think that makes a big difference. Let's say instead we had the following situation. 2/4 game, UTG shoves for 20 BBs, all stacks are 100 BBs, what would you do with AQ/AJ/TT/99/AA? I think the correct action with hands like AJ/99 is to min-raise fold to a shove behind you. There are other players who would do the same. Because of that and the fact that other players know that, min-raising AA is best in this situation.

Now, in your situation, if it's like 0.10/0.25 NL, I'm not really sure what the best option is. I doubt any players at that level are able to understand that your min-raise is an attempt to cheaply isolate UTG and shove marginal holdings against you. Also, because the open-shove is 25 BBs and not 20, a min-raise is already half the effective stacks. As the open-shove gets larger, there's not really any point to min-raising anymore. For example, if he shoves for 45 BB, you might as well shove for 100 rather than min-raising to ~90.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2) This is a stove question that just depends on what range you assign him. You obviously need just under 50% equity against his range but it doesn't sound like he is pushing every hand so I'd give him top 50% and see what hands stove says have 50% equity vs that range.
-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

DD,
Am I misreading you? You need better equity than that to shove to account for hands that have yet to act, esp. in EP.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:26 PM

I was answering his question of if the guy shoved and everyone folded and he was BB what should he call with.

-DeathDonkey
Old 08-23-2007, 04:53 PM

Easy call, hope for a sqz. Get it in on the flop most of the time if anyone else calls.

However if you're playing higher stakes this move will be pretty transparent as AA or KK, in which case I'd recommend a minraise that might induce a shove from another player with AK.
Old 08-24-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was answering his question of if the guy shoved and everyone folded and he was BB what should he call with.

-DeathDonkey

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I misread you. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]