Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 07:41 PM

Default Re: Swings in NLCASH

[ QUOTE ]
Are you a COMPLETE goddamned idiot jay_shark? Or just pretending?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just pretending .
Old 11-01-2007, 07:45 PM

You're doing a great job.

You should get an oscar or something.

Seriously, if you think I've misapplied jason's formula, then apply it "correctly" instead of being a freaking moron.

If you think the formula's wrong, then you're on your own unless you can provide something that works better.

Unless you plan to do one of those two things, then please do not type another word where I can see it, ever again. Because at this point in time, you are the absolute most idiotic of all the internet idiots I've ever seen. You're taking idiocy to completely new levels, so incredible and improbable that I am in complete awe.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:48 PM

You know what? I said you were a monkey, only capable of plugging numbers into formulas.

I have to take even that much back now, because here's a formula that spits out exactly what we're looking for, and you still somehow manage to not get it.

You're a failure even as a monkey.

You are extremely successful at pissing me off with the hopeless of your idiocy though.

Good job. At least you're capable of something.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:48 PM

If I were you , I'd try to get in contact with BruceZ .
Old 11-01-2007, 07:50 PM

If I were you, I'd try to apply the solution that somebody already developed. Because you look more like an ass with every refusal to show how anything I've done here is incorrect.

Run the numbers yourself if you don't believe me.

Or refute the validity of the solution.

Or stfu.

I don't care which.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:20 PM

I seriously just do not get your current level of stupidity.

You recommended I go to the probability forum for an answer.

I did, because it was obvious you were incapable of giving one.

I got one. Somebody had already figured out this exact problem previously, and pointed out a thread with a handy formula (based on methods and concepts that I won't even begin to pretend to understand, so if the person posting the formula was full of it, then so am I).

I applied that answer, exercising my own monkey skills.

Still you're acting like a completely ignorant jackass.

But I took one last bit of your advice. I am going to try to get in contact with BruceZ, to get him to comment on my first post in this thread today, showing the actual probabilities.

I fully expect him to look over it and say "that looks right to me", and I will LAUGH MY ASS OFF, because at that point, the truly stupendous level of idiocy you have shown in this thread will have been exposed to it's fullest simply by following steps THAT YOU YOURSELF RECOMMENDED.

And on the off chance that he says I botched the transition to excel, he'll probably give me the right numbers, which I will post here as corrections to my incorrect ones. Because unlike you, I am not actually afraid of retracting past statements, no matter how sure I was of their truth at the time, and I especially am not afraid of being wrong.

The best part is that, no matter what the result is, you win the jackass contest, because this would have been a nice, calm, informative thread had you simply answered the right goddamn question in the first place.

Of course, I'm still not convinced you understand what the question is, despite the fact that it's been quite explicitly clarified half-a-dozen times now.

But just in case, here's yet another refresher.

WE WANT TO KNOW THE PROBABILITY OF HAVING A DOWNSWING OF SIZE X OVER A CERTAIN NUMBER OF HANDS.

Which is *exactly* what jason's formula calculates.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:26 PM

Pzhon has already informed you that your thinking is off .
I wouldn't doubt him if I were you .

Again , please do not waste my time anymore .
Old 11-01-2007, 08:29 PM

Pzhon informed me that my own attempt at approximating the value myself was off.

If you actually followed that thread, you would realize that I agreed with him in the end, and used jason's formula instead, which as far as I can tell is exactly what I wanted anyway, not the vague approximation I was trying to work out using just the standard deviation.

AND THAT FORMULA IS WHERE THESE NUMBERS COME FROM, not from my own misguided attempts at approximating a solution. ya freakin retard.

[ QUOTE ]
Again , please do not waste my time anymore .

[/ QUOTE ]
Again, who is wasting who's time.

As far as I can tell, everything you've said in this thread so far has been a complete waste of time for anybody who's read it, not just my own.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:36 PM

2 simple questions.

#1: Do you believe jason's formula is valid for computing the value it is attempting to compute?

#2: Do you believe the value jason's formula is attempting to compute is the probability of having a downswing of size X in Y hands?

In the interest of not wasting anybody's time, a simple yes or no will suffice. If your answer is no in either case, feel free to explain, but it is not necessary.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:42 PM

I already informed you that there is no simple formula to give you an exact answer to these problems . Jason's solution is only said to be valid for large b , but how large does it have to be ? What is the margin of error ?

You may need to read your own thread again . It does appear that you're completely confused and out of your element .

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...=0#Post12737174

Pzhon has told you that your argument is a mess . Even though Jason has posted an approximation formula , I don't believe you even understand anything that was written . You're an immature fool , and I've tried to help you numerous times but you're so stubborn that there is no point trying to get through to you .