Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Ohio St 11-0
1 38 90.48%
2 2 4.76%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 0 0%
7 0 0%
8 0 0%
9 0 0%
10 2 4.76%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2007, 01:53 PM

Default SAMMMYYY

love the cuff links Sammy's rolling with.

just a side note.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:57 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/5 - 500k buyin - Spoilers expected)

[ QUOTE ]
Great play Doyle, and all these internet fish behind their dorm room 50-Cent posters and suburban Michigan minivans in mom's driveway can relax on the computer chair and pretend they're better at poker than you, but you've been owning the likes of them for decades. Keep on keepin' on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Settle down dude. We're just talking about cards.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

P.S. Also, I can't imagine Jamie has made a ton more $$$ since his WSOP win, and if we go with him getting ~4 million from it, which is generous, is he REALLY dumb enough to buy in for 15%+ of his net worth?

[/ QUOTE ]

Word is he was pretty rich before his WSOP score.

[/ QUOTE ]

If so, why did he work so hard to get Bodog to buy him in?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure if he could tell the future he wouldn't have gotten Bodog to buy him in. Even for wealthy people $10k is a lot of money.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To HSP? I didn't hear this, but are you asking why he didn't want a freeroll?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, to his WSOP win. I mean, 10k is 10k, but why to to all that rigamarole when 10k is no big deal to you, then give away half your action?
Old 11-06-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

P.S. Also, I can't imagine Jamie has made a ton more $$$ since his WSOP win, and if we go with him getting ~4 million from it, which is generous, is he REALLY dumb enough to buy in for 15%+ of his net worth?

[/ QUOTE ]

Word is he was pretty rich before his WSOP score.

[/ QUOTE ]

If so, why did he work so hard to get Bodog to buy him in?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure if he could tell the future he wouldn't have gotten Bodog to buy him in. Even for wealthy people $10k is a lot of money.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, not really. Like I said in another post, if they just offered it up, no problem, but he obviously had to work for it. And actually, even if he COULD see into the future, course he WOULD have them buy him in, it's not like Bodog gets a cut. It;s just he wouldn't have traded away 50%.

Either way, yes, 10k is 10k, but the way he is throwing around $$$ right now, you think if he had more than that before the WSOP win, he's even THINKING about sweating a 10k buyin?
Old 11-06-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how would jamie play QsJx? couldnt he make that raise with that also?

obv doyle rad the situation perfectly as quoted y barry but unfrtuneately the read that gold might overvalue a low flsuh was right.

but i also hated like someone else the 25K bet.

if he bet 15 get raised to 60 or 70 and then call 150K perhaps on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

so what you're saying is is that if doyle had bet 15 k instead of 25 k then gold would have magically bet 60 or 70 instead of the all in that he actually did bet?? are you nuts?

[/ QUOTE ]

what the hell are u talkign about? there was no allin bet. jamie checkraised to 125K and there was several hundred Ks to be played for on the river.

and yes i dont think he raises to 125K if doyle bets 15K, if he raises 5x then 75K obv a nd it keeps the pot a little smaller.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. I don't know what I would have done if Antonio raised me on the flop or turn on the hand where I flopped bottom two. Frankly, I wasn't sharp because I was tired after playing late the night before and losing several hundred thousand. I thought the King and Queen on the turn and river were perfect cards for me, since I thought Antonio had limped with an Ace suited.

2. After the flush hand with Doyle and Jamie, Dolye leaned over and asked me what I thought Jamie had. I told him I thought Jamie had an Ace high straight. When Doyle told me he could beat that, I told him I wouldn't have folded. Doyle said, "I know by the way Jamie was acting that he thought he had the nuts, but I hope he didn't misjudge his own strength." Later when Jamie tells Doyle what he had, Doyle gets steamed up and costs me money with a play he wouldn't ordinarily make.

3. The shirt wasn't mine. They wouldn't let me wear the sweater I brought because it had an embroidered PokerStars logo. I had to get another shirt or wear black tape like Patrik did. The shirt I wore was the only one they had in the gift shop.

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]
Poker shrapnel.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:14 PM

i hope for all that is lovely that antonius stacks gold on the next episode and not the other way around.

and i hope it is when antonius makes a great call with middle pair against a "great" bluff by the "greatest" bluffer.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Did i read it correctly?
People are saying that Laliberte played well?

Oh my god....

This guy is a great businessman and Cirque du Soleil is awesome, but he is a terrible poker player, that couldn't beat any online game.Not even Nl10.

He is a an overcard chaising never bluffing predictable T7o limping...well, i don't want to call him moron, because he is successfull in life and has more than 2+2 probably has combined...let's just call him poker moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why be surprised at what some railtards say?

Laliberte obviously plays recreationally, and when you play recreationally you care about different things than winning money.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did i read it correctly?
People are saying that Laliberte played well?

Oh my god....

This guy is a great businessman and Cirque du Soleil is awesome, but he is a terrible poker player, that couldn't beat any online game.Not even Nl10.

He is a an overcard chaising never bluffing predictable T7o limping...well, i don't want to call him moron, because he is successfull in life and has more than 2+2 probably has combined...let's just call him poker moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny how gabe keeps subtly making fun of him. "Guy with an.....ambitious call"

[/ QUOTE ]

lololol