Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 12:32 PM

Default Quixtar/ multi-level marketing

Hi everyone,

Last night I attended a business meeting with a friend of mine in Absecon. My friend recently became an IBO (?) with this company Quixtar/Alticor.

Before going my friend told me the guest speaker was a multi millionaire who worked about 10-20 hours a week.

The speaker spoke for an hour and a forty-five minutes. The first hour the speaker Jeff Hathaway painted a nice picture of his financial situation and the riches that awaited everyone in the room.

The next forty-five minutes he discussed the theory and practice behind Quixtar/Alticor and how he wanted to make everyone in the room a millionaire.

Has anyone here ever heard of this company or tried this out?

He did do an excellent job of motivating the crowd and captivating everyone's imagination in the room.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this company or this type of environment.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:36 PM

Default Re: Quixtar/ multi-level marketing

Quixtar=Amway

Quixtar expose

Avoid, avoid, avoid.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:36 PM

Multi-level marketing? I could be wrong about this, but isn't that like pretty much the definition of a pyramid scheme? I don't know anything about this and the whole thing smells ludicrously fishy.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:37 PM

DO NOT WANT.

It's Amway dude. I mean, literally, it's the same company. I've been suckered into two presentations, they put on the hard sell etc., but it's still a goddamn pyramid scheme and the people in it all act like Branch Davidians who just drank the Kool-Aid.

Google is your friend on this one.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:37 PM

I don't know anything about these companies, but a quick search identified Quixtar and Alticor as being owned by a parent company, which owns one other brand - Amway.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he wanted to make everyone in the room a millionaire

[/ QUOTE ]
Wait guys, its not a scam, this is a noble servant who just wants to make other people rich!
Old 08-07-2007, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DO NOT WANT.

It's Amway dude. I mean, literally, it's the same company. I've been suckered into two presentations, they put on the hard sell etc., but it's still a goddamn pyramid scheme and the people in it all act like Branch Davidians who just drank the Kool-Aid.

Google is your friend on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I Googled it and I found reports on both sides of the fence.

I agree with your Branch Davidian comment. Everyone seemed way too nice and eager to help. I mean way too nice.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is Homer Simpson, aka Happy Dude. The court is making me call everybody back and apologize for my telemarketing scam. I'm sorry. If you can find it in your heart to forgive me, send one dollar to Sorry Dude, 742 Evergreen Terrace, Springfield. You have the power.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-07-2007, 12:45 PM

Hi Mike. Yeah, it's Amway. I went to a presentation with friends. Quite creepy in the way people get sucked in to this so hard. Speaker I saw was very motivational as well, but I ran away.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:45 PM

My girlfriend (soon to be ex) got dragged to something like this a few months ago by her best friend from college. Her friend moved away for months to work for this company with her husband and when she came back she tried to get all of her friends to go. Afterwards I was sitting there listening to her friends all laugh about it. They said their friend had turned into a cult member and was actually trying to rope everyone else into it so that she could make money off of her friends. When I heard about the scheme I couldn't believe that people actually fall for this [censored]. I also thought it was ridiculous that someone would try and rope their friends in when the only reason is to get them under them in the pyramid thing or whatever. If you could work 10-20 hours a week and make X million, you would either keep it to yourself or work 40 hours a week and make 2x million.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.