Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 12:37 AM

Default 1/2 tpgk facing aggression - line check

Villain is 22/19/3 over 140 hands with no history between us.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($335.80)
CO ($211.95)
Button ($106.10)
SB ($167.25)
BB ($177)
Hero ($193.95)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $7, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: ($17) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $12</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $38</font>, Hero calls $26.

Turn: ($93) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $66</font>, Hero???

Line check on all streets please.
Old 07-11-2007, 12:40 AM

Default Re: 1/2 tpgk facing aggression - line check

im quite willing to get it AI on the flop vs the villain you described. i would almost always 3-bet him here. as played, i would crai on the turn, because someone with those stats is probably playing a pretty solid game and raising tons of hands on that flop.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:57 AM

Default Re: 1/2 tpgk facing aggression - line check

OP, i think this is a very good hand to post. i hope more people respond with their thoughts.

ok, so villain is 22/19/3. solid stats, he looks like a decent player. what's he cold calling with on the cutoff against (i assume) a decent 2p2 TAG?

you have the K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] so there are no pair+fd draws. he's generally not coldcalling AA, AK, KK, or TT. the only legitimate hands you're behind are 55 and KT, and you're ahead of Ax[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and QJ. i can see him flat calling 55, KT, KQ and QJ here. if he's a decent player, he shouldn't be raising KJ on the flop, so you can discount that from his range. he can also easily be raising air here, considering there are few hands you can continue with. (there was a long msnl thread a few months ago about bluff-raising these kind of flops because it's hard for an opponent to continue on.)

i put his range as {55, KQ, KT, QJ, Ah6h, Ah7h, Ah8h, Ah9h, AhJh, 8h9h, 7h8h, 6h7h, air}. what do you think?

against a solid player, i think a shove is pretty bad. he'll fold his bluffs and you have bad equity against the range of hands he continues with.

and seeing the turn sucks against this player without initiative. if he has QJ, he can be bluffing the hearts and make you fold the best hand. there are a lot of scare cards that could come on the turn to bluff you off the best hand. if a blank comes, he can take a card off to hit his draw or double barrel. you have no idea where you stand.

your reverse implied odds suck against this player and i think TP2K is too weak to continue here. i'd just fold the flop i think, even though you may be folding the best hand occasionally.

i'd love to hear more discussion on this hand though.