Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2007, 01:37 PM

Default Complaints about Stars?

Since FTP has been soo crappy as of late, I am really considering making a move to Stars. Is there anything to hate about it at all? I have heard nothing but great things...
Old 04-02-2007, 01:57 PM

Default Re: Complaints about Stars?

Stars getting cheaper now.... waiting forever for reload bonus and it not happen. Lee Jones left and scotty often post here from times to times but he haven't post for 3 weeks now.... I really wonder what's next with stars though.
The answer is if you a shark please stay @FTP. Stars have enough shark already only welcome fish now. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2007, 02:09 PM

ya they doomswitched me last month.

nah seriously stars is by far the best site ive ever playd at. they got the best support,software,traffic,tourneys,cashoutstuff etc etc

sure there are lots of decent ppl but the huge traffic allows good table selection.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:14 PM

My only complaint is that they don't have a $39 turbo and $39 turbo rebuy satellite into the Sunday Million tourney and a $4.40 turbo rebuy to get into those two [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2007, 02:27 PM

too many rocks [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 04-02-2007, 03:42 PM

I assume that part of the reason there has been no reload bonus for awhile is that with Neteller out of the picture, there is no speedy payment processor for those depositing. I've used the MoneyGram thing a few times. It's ok, and nearly fee-free--OTOH, to use it, I have to go to a storefront, generally in a crummy neighborhood, tender the physical cash (which means a trip to the bank first), show my ID, fill out a form, sign in three or four places, and then hope that it all works out. Never had a problem yet--but I suspect we're unlikely to see a reload bonus from 'Stars until they find some kind of payment processor that is as transparent and low-fee as Neteller was.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:40 PM

No reload bonuses. For all the money they make they should be able to give out monthly reload bonuses. At least to the Silver players or higher.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:59 PM

The VIP freerolls i came in 60th out of 4k ppl in monthly and i get 150 bones..... freeroll donkaments are just a total waste of my life.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:31 PM

I seriously can't think of one bad thing to say about stars. They have BY FAR the best software, game selection,
support, tournies, etc. I've had nothing but positive experiences there. The only thing that is keeping me from playing there exclusively is that there's too many rocks. I just can't figure out why stars just seems to be so much more nitty than so many other sites. This is true even at the lower limits. I'm beating much higher limits eslewhere with higher bb/100 than even low limit stars games. But I'll have to say you should definately at least try stars, it's been nothing but a positive experience.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:35 PM

I played FTP exclusively until the last couple of weeks, when I switched to PS, playing at the same stakes (basically, micro SNGs or MTTs). For what it's worth, my own experience (in a small sample size) is that my ROI has been a bit better, the SNGs of the same size fill up faster, but I much preferred the screen and interface of FTP.

Cliff notes: For micro player, FTP has better look and feel, PS gives me better results