Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 10:18 AM

Default Re: Please, please, please, let me get what I want

15k hands, loosing 20 buyins is a monthly experience for most people who put in +50k hands a month. The way you describe it, suggests it is your first real "downswing", so really, you should look at it from a positive perspective [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

Btw i´ve played quite a bit with you OP, and with your game, you will be back on track in no time
Old 10-11-2007, 03:44 PM

Well well I had a little break and haven't played poker until today. Today I played some NL200 heads-up and I played so bad, not just bad, but god-damn-wtf-bad. I didn't think about and never used more than 2 seconds thinking even for the important decisions. GAH! My problem w/ poker is that I don't think about my decisions and I play like a randomized calling station donk... I just don't care about what I do any longer... this is weird.

Whatever, what should I do to play a better game and start to think about my decisions again? Just a break doesn't work for me as it turned out. I want to start play a solid game w/ thinking again, but I just can't ... I know I can play very well in theory... but I just don't play well at the tables... the problem is sort of that I would need someone else to click and bet w/ the mouse and follow my instructions (weird, eh?). When I play now I just insta click as I said. This post is probably a god damn awful post and I'm tilted as hell and hate myself for not being able to play as I should.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:57 PM

Umm...how long a break did you take? 4 days isn't nearly enough. Are you sure you just think you're good in theory and actually aren't good? I'm not trying to be insulting, but just wondering. If you think say that if the same hands that you played were posted, you would be able to make the correct decision, here's what you should do. Every time an important decision comes up, think of it in terms of someone from 2+2 posting the hand, and think exactly what you would do from the outside and don't think from 1st person.

Also, as weird as it may sound, saying your decisions and reads out loud and analyzing out loud will greatly help.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:00 PM

i think your one of few decent regs at 400nlon this site, ull be fine i had a 20 buy in downswing too two months ago
Old 10-11-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Umm...how long a break did you take? 4 days isn't nearly enough. Are you sure you just think you're good in theory and actually aren't good? I'm not trying to be insulting, but just wondering. If you think say that if the same hands that you played were posted, you would be able to make the correct decision, here's what you should do. Every time an important decision comes up, think of it in terms of someone from 2+2 posting the hand, and think exactly what you would do from the outside and don't think from 1st person.

Also, as weird as it may sound, saying your decisions and reads out loud and analyzing out loud will greatly help.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well I think I'm pretty good when I actually play my best and I have a bb/100 at about 6.5 playing nl400 8 tables (but the sample is just 60k hands) and when I post hands at 2+2 it usually turns out that people advocating the decision I thought was best as well. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I actually have tried to speak loud and it works okay when I do it... but I usually get tired of it after 30 minutes or so into the session.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think your one of few decent regs at 400nlon this site, ull be fine i had a 20 buy in downswing too two months ago

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I wished the problem was that I lack confidence due to a big down swing. But the problem is worse and I know exactly what the problem is and unfortunately I just can't get rid of it. I need to start to think again. I can tell myself to do it before a session, but when I play - I just don't do it.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:40 PM

Yesssss! I finally made a [censored] profit. I played 9 table nl200 at stars and people are good damn awful there. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-12-2007, 09:48 PM

15k hands isn't a lot but 20 buyins is. imo people blame too much on running bad. yes variance can be shocking at times but that is mostly because we get lazy and don't play our best until we're hit smack-dab in the face with the darker side of variance. if you are playing w/ very few leaks i think 20 buyins should be on the lowest, lowest end of the probability spectrum, at 2/4 at least.

i don't think this applies as much to poker with a bunch of aggro good regulars at 5/10 or whatever. but seriously, it seems like a couple of years ago people didn't blame enough on variance but nowadays people are quick to take a defeatist's view of things and blame it on variance. post hands. talk to your friends. go through your hands on pokertracker after every session, IN DETAIL (sooo easy to glaze over and be like "oh w/e that was standard"). try recording yourself. try speaking out loud when you are playing. trying being sweated and sweating. study your tougher opponents before a session. try thinking of other things you can do to stay on top of your game; you could probably come up with a hundred. do all that. then come back and post again.
Old 10-12-2007, 11:19 PM

pokerEV it.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:39 PM

This is [censored] sick... I play [censored] good poker all the time... sold good and get the money in as favorite... but god damn i can't win whaaaaaaaa I hate this [censored] I wanna [censored] win again god damn son of a bitch let me win when i'm so much better than the [censored] fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 it's so [censored] unfair I hate it itititiititit i titi tititit i