Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 03:02 PM

Default Re: QQ on ugly turn

Pretty easy bet. Especially since I feel comfortable folding to a raise vs an unknown.

It's an obvious opportunity for Villain to semibluff a diamond or straight draw or turn a pair <T into a bluff/semibluff... but this is a strong line on this board and I don't think enough unknowns get super tricky or badly out of line to call this down without a read. Though I'm fine with a calldown absent a diamond if we've seen Villain come out of the gate firing.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty easy bet. Especially since I feel comfortable folding to a raise vs an unknown.

It's an obvious opportunity for Villain to semibluff a diamond or straight draw or turn a pair <T into a bluff/semibluff... but this is a strong line on this board and I don't think enough unknowns get super tricky or badly out of line to call this down without a read. Though I'm fine with a calldown absent a diamond if we've seen Villain come out of the gate firing.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK this is probably where I have something to learn. I just couldn't fold to the turn c/r and once a brick fell on the river I called that bet. There are some villains I could fold to, just not a total unknown.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OK this is probably where I have something to learn. I just couldn't fold to the turn c/r and once a brick fell on the river I called that bet. There are some villains I could fold to, just not a total unknown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Comes down to assumptions. Some people call this by default and make a read. I've played quite a few hands in that game and for better or worse have come to the conclusion that people just aren't aggro enough to call this down without some sort of read. Even a tentative one. My wtsd runs quite a bit lower in the Stars 2/4 than at 3/6+. You see some crazy stuff, and there are no shortage of bad/aggro opponents, but I stopped calling down vs strong lines on scary boards without something to suggest that it might be a good idea and I think it did my bottom line some good.

Grain of salt and all that. I'm sure a lot of the regulars think I suck and am too weak tight.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:46 PM

i think he is much more likely to have A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Xoffsuit than a T, and i bet to prevent him a free draw to one of his 12 likely outs.

fwiw i like calling the flop checkraise and raising a blank turn. if he does have A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]x then a turn raise will hurt him much more than a flop 3-bet because his equity will be much lower on the turn. this turn card isnt exactly a blank but i'd probably raise anyway