Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 12:53 PM

Default Re: ***Official Stars Regs Thread***

I've been arguing some with a guy on a swedish forum that plays PS 5/10 and above, he posted a hand against sethy so i know at least one of you have met him. He says his a regular there and his screenname is Flesh2Flesh. Is he a good player?
Old 09-19-2007, 01:49 PM

I usually only play at Svenska Spel but for some change I've played some on FTP where I have an account with about 30% rb I think. The 2/4 game that I've played seems pretty soft and profitable. Then Shane says that even without RB PS 2/4 is much easier to beat. Does anyone else have an opinion? Oh and I probably wont play that much to earn those points or whatever it's called at PS, I think I'll probably only play some 10K hands or so a month. I only want a decent site to play when traffic is to low at SS.

Also how many hand do you have to play every month to make the points program at PS worth at least the same as 30% rb?
Old 09-19-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I usually only play at Svenska Spel but for some change I've played some on FTP where I have an account with about 30% rb I think. The 2/4 game that I've played seems pretty soft and profitable. Then Shane says that even without RB PS 2/4 is much easier to beat. Does anyone else have an opinion? Oh and I probably wont play that much to earn those points or whatever it's called at PS, I think I'll probably only play some 10K hands or so a month. I only want a decent site to play when traffic is to low at SS.

Also how many hand do you have to play every month to make the points program at PS worth at least the same as 30% rb?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your question is more complicated than it seems. There are several things to consider. First, relative rake schedules. I have no idea how they compare.

Second, 10k hands/month will earn you approx 4700-4800 VPPs. 4000/month is required to maintain gold status, which gives a 100% increase in FPPs (used to buy stuff). You'll earn approx. 9400-9600 FPPs from month 2 onward, which means you can buy a $265 bonus every ~2.7 months (25000 FPPs) if you prefer cash to electronics and other swag, or a $350 bonus every 5.x months (50000 FPPs). Note that these bonuses require you to play more to clear them, though you accumulate points at the usual rate while you work on it so it's just a timing thing.

Third, bonuses. You also get maybe 4 deposit bonuses/yr ($125-150). Stars doesn't exactly set the world on fire in this area. I have no idea what FTP is like.

Fourth, freerolls and cheap tournaments. You get freerolls and cheap entry in tournaments if you're into such things. Apparently T$ can be sold for cash, too, in an informal exchange, but I don't know the going rate.

My guess is you'd be better off at FTP at your projected hand volume if the games are good, but I haven't done any math to support that.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:54 PM

Hey all.... I'm blntznbrdy at 1-2 and .50-1. I suck at poker so flame away.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your question is more complicated than it seems. There are several things to consider. First, relative rake schedules. I have no idea how they compare.

Second, 10k hands/month will earn you approx 4700-4800 VPPs. 4000/month is required to maintain gold status, which gives a 100% increase in FPPs (used to buy stuff). You'll earn approx. 9400-9600 FPPs from month 2 onward, which means you can buy a $265 bonus every ~2.7 months (25000 FPPs) if you prefer cash to electronics and other swag, or a $350 bonus every 5.x months (50000 FPPs). Note that these bonuses require you to play more to clear them, though you accumulate points at the usual rate while you work on it so it's just a timing thing.

Third, bonuses. You also get maybe 4 deposit bonuses/yr ($125-150). Stars doesn't exactly set the world on fire in this area. I have no idea what FTP is like.

Fourth, freerolls and cheap tournaments. You get freerolls and cheap entry in tournaments if you're into such things. Apparently T$ can be sold for cash, too, in an informal exchange, but I don't know the going rate.

My guess is you'd be better off at FTP at your projected hand volume if the games are good, but I haven't done any math to support that.

[/ QUOTE ]

We can talk about bonuses and cash value til the cows come home but what about the implied value and joy that a player can receive by saving up enough VPPs to buy 10000 PokerStars Stress Balls and filling an entire room of a house with them so you can jump in them. That is much more valuable than some silly cash bonus.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey all.... I'm blntznbrdy at 1-2 and .50-1. I suck at poker so flame away.

[/ QUOTE ]
i dont ike sitting with you unless i have position. you three bet preflop alot and cramp my style. also very aggressive.

i am Barista7017, i am currently being owned at 2/4, comments anyone?
Old 09-19-2007, 06:48 PM

Thanks for a very good answer! Stars seems a little to complicated for me, and getting points to buy stuff isn't really that exciting. FTP has that too and I ordered a cap for my son that he doesn't like a couple of weeks ago.

PS must have the most complicated customer loyalty program ever? But the upside must be that kids that think its great to play gazillions of hands and pay thousands of hands and deposit every month to get bonus and then collect points to get an Ipod or something is playing there and softening the games?
Old 09-20-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been arguing some with a guy on a swedish forum that plays PS 5/10 and above, he posted a hand against sethy so i know at least one of you have met him. He says his a regular there and his screenname is Flesh2Flesh. Is he a good player?

[/ QUOTE ]

How did I play it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-20-2007, 11:05 PM

Anybody in the lower limits play with ThxBearl? I have him as a TAGfish. He doesn't adjust his raising range for position and seems to play straight forward post-flop.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:52 AM

ThxBearl played low limit at stars for a year or more.
sometimes he disappears for weeks.

dont have my Db handy with exact stats be he is not a big time winner.
I dont mind having him at my table