Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 04:23 PM

Default Re: Quixtar/ multi-level marketing

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, I will point out one startling thing about the two meetings: the houses where they were held were easily $1M+ properties and the hosts were people who apparently had very successful careers previously - one was an attorney, the other a physician.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find this interesting as well. My one experience with Quixtar came at a law firm I worked for, from one of their best trial attorneys (I guess that kind of makes sense [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]). Maybe those types of people are successful w/ quixtar because people listen to them/trust them.

I bet those weekend seminars are about as creepy as you can get outside of an actual "we're going to fly to Mars" cult experience.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:31 PM

Hey_Porter,

Heh yeah, the worst part for me on the first one is that I was forced to oblige and play along - my employer had just given this guy notice, he was supposed to be a full-time consultant on our staff but we couldn't put him out billing anywhere so we let him go with only two weeks' pay. He lashed out and threatened to sue, so in order to placate him I went on the meeting and the subsequent lunch.

The second one was with a guy I had met in the grocery business, knew him for all of about two minutes and he was pitching me Quixtar, this probably two years or so after the other guy's attempt. This one was much more personal, just him and a guy at the rich dude's house. It was the hardest effing sell ever, and ultimately I just signed up for the $50 or whatever just to get them to leave me the hell alone. Then I had to put up with the guy calling me every Sunday night to ask me if I wanted to place an order. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Man, it must have sucked to call everyone every week in the hopes that they'll order fabric softener sheets or whatever just so you can make 40 cents on the transaction.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, it must have sucked to call everyone every week in the hopes that they'll order fabric softener sheets or whatever just so you can make 40 cents on the transaction.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the people who succeed don't think it sucks at all. In fact they probably get excited as each phone call is a MONEY MAKING OPPORTUNITY!

Honestly, imagine if you could just sit at home and call people to sell them every day items they need anyway? People will be knocking down your door once they see our high quality products at low low prices.

What are you waiting for? PM me now!
Old 08-07-2007, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still have yet to resolve in my head the dichotomy between how dumb it is to get involved in this and these very successful people who did and apparently succeeded. I mean, maybe they were lying about being successful with Quixtar, but you think if they were failing at it they'd just go back to their six figure jobs that they still worked part-time.

[/ QUOTE ]

All the money you make when you hit diamond is from becoming a motivational speaker and selling tapes.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:43 PM

LoL AMWAY...I had a roommate who had a degree in engineering (2.2 GPA but nevertheless)...he quit his engineering job to goto law school.

He never told us until recently that he got such poor grades b/c he did AMWAY and sunk in over 15k into the company. We make fun of him daily about AMWAY.

what a dope
Old 08-08-2007, 09:52 PM

my parents are really active in this, have been for about 10 years, make decent money, want the wife and I to do it. Our steadfast refusal has been the source of a few tense moments
Old 08-08-2007, 11:11 PM

The loser dad of one kid I sorta knew from highschool was doing it and got all his son's friends to do it, a couple of which were in the top 10 of my class, and the valedictorian. (That confirmed my belief that high school GPA is about as solid predictor of intelligence as stool density is)

Somebody asked me if I was interested in going to a introductory meeting with them and I lol'd pretty [censored] hard and said, "you know it's a pyramid scheme, right?" The next monday after that I got some dirty ass looks from the loser's son.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my parents are really active in this, have been for about 10 years, make decent money, want the wife and I to do it. Our steadfast refusal has been the source of a few tense moments

[/ QUOTE ]

They might make decent money but do they include the costs of travelling to all the conventions? I'm sure a lot of people in Quixtar do the same kind of shadey bookeeping that lots of gamblers do to convince themselves that they arent losing as much money as they really are.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:35 PM

My sister was involved in Quixtar... all her "friends" were in Quixtar, then she started pushing away and none of her "friends" want to see or talk to her anymore.

It's a cult.

Stay away dude.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:17 AM

When I was unemployed back in 2001, I got approached by a Quixtar rep. My wife and I were walking our dog in the park and, as happens sometimes, struck up a conversation with another couple when our dogs greeted each other. They were middle-aged, looked relatively well off, and were friendly.

During the chit-chat, my employment situation came up (what do you do for a living?) and the guy said he might be able to help me out after hearing my work background and education. Gave me his card. I had no idea what Quixtar was at that point, so nothing on the card jumped out at me.

We spoke on the phone a few days later and within a minute, he went into his pitch. While I had never heard of Quixtar until then, the "DO NOT WANT" neon sign flashed above my head and I declined.

[censored] [censored], getting my hopes up.