Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2007, 02:00 AM

Default Re: Moronic Driving Episodes

[ QUOTE ]
RDH, did their restriping of the road also add a bike lane? Almost every road in the Phoenix area has a center turn lane, but fairly recently some that were like your initial drawing were restriped with bike lanes on each side, essentially stealing a thru lane and leaving drivers with a center turn lane. Not the worst thing in the world but not an improvement for drivers.

DN, awesome to meet you in LA last month. I do have a somewhat similar story to share which I think I posted here recently. Like two days after getting my first ever brand new vehicle (a '94 Toyota pickup, totally stock as in 2WD, no stereo, no extra cab, nothing, but it was new), I backed it into a tree at my apartment complex. It was kinda stupid, the tree way overhung the parking spot in question and in retrospect I could probably have gotten some compensation, but it really sucked to have a "sweet" new ride with <100 miles on it and a wrecked tailgate. Got it fixed a few months later at the cost of several hundred dollars.

These days, all I want is the courtesy wave. Seriously, like the last eight times I've graciously let someone in front of me I've been denied the wave. All were wave candidates. WTF? WAVE YOU A-HOLES.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tuq, it was really good to meet you too. Your story did cheer me up from my idiocy a little bit.

I also fully agree with the wave, it shows that they understand that they made a mistake or acknowledges your generosity for letting cut through. Otherwise they just seem like douches.