Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2007, 08:42 AM

Default U.S. businesses accept pesos. Immigration hawks go nuts.

Linky

The neo-cons can't stand the fact that illegal immigrants take money and jobs from the US. Now some evil greedy corporations are making it as easy as possible for people to take money out of the Mexican economy and put it into the US economy. Naturally the neo-cons are... even more upset.

THERRR TAKIN ARRR JERRRRRBBBBSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2007, 12:52 PM

Default Re: U.S. businesses accept pesos. Immigration hawks go nuts.

DEY DERK RRRRR JBBBBBBBBBBBBBSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2007, 02:22 PM

The issue here is American sovereignty, which is something that even your hero Ron Paul still believes in.

The fact of the matter is that the vast majority of those pesos are coming from Mexicans who entered the country illegally. That is why people are upset. As a sovereign nation, the US has a right to decide who can and cannot enter its territory, and Mexicans are no exception. The fact that businesses are now accepting pesos is symbolic of the complete lack of respect for the integrity of our borders. Ron Paul is right about us needing to build a fence along the Mexican border.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:24 PM

Why is this such a big deal? I paid with Canadian dollars at a restaurant (national chain) in Bellingham, WA earlier this year. All that happened was I got raped on the exchange.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Linky

The neo-cons can't stand the fact that illegal immigrants take money and jobs from the US. Now some evil greedy corporations are making it as easy as possible for people to take money out of the Mexican economy and put it into the US economy. Naturally the neo-cons are... even more upset.

THERRR TAKIN ARRR JERRRRRBBBBSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a nitty point, but "neo-cons" are traditionally opposed to strict immigration controls. I think you have "neo-cons" confused with "angry white guys" and "the Fox News audience".
Old 07-21-2007, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The issue here is American sovereignty, which is something that even your hero Ron Paul still believes in.

The fact of the matter is that the vast majority of those pesos are coming from Mexicans who entered the country illegally. That is why people are upset. As a sovereign nation, the US has a right to decide who can and cannot enter its territory, and Mexicans are no exception. The fact that businesses are now accepting pesos is symbolic of the complete lack of respect for the integrity of our borders. Ron Paul is right about us needing to build a fence along the Mexican border.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only did those mexicans get permission from me to enter the country, the businesses also have my permission to accept any form of payment they would like.

If you don't like it you can always write "I don't like that" on a little piece of paper and put it in a hat.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:31 PM

"Just a nitty point, but "neo-cons" are traditionally opposed to strict immigration controls."

Why do you say that? It doesn't fit the policies of any of the major neo conservatives in America.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is this such a big deal? I paid with Canadian dollars at a restaurant (national chain) in Bellingham, WA earlier this year. All that happened was I got raped on the exchange.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but Canadian people are largely white, so when they come and give us their funny looking monopoly money and toonies with ducks on them, it's not a problem. In fact, it's largely a source of curiosity, if not a minor annoyance because their stupid coins don't fit in American vending machines.

On the other hand, the dark people's money is obviously scary, threatening, and constitutes a grave and gathering threat to national sovereignty.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your a gimmick account right? The use of the Canadian dollar around our northern border is quite common yet you don't here any outrage. I am probably more of a hawk on immigration than most on this forum (because ddaahy tuuk eearrr jaahhhhhbbbbss) but to get upset over this is pretty dumb.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but Canadian people are largely white, so when they come and give us their funny looking monopoly money and toonies with ducks on them, it's not a problem. In fact, it's largely a source of curiosity, if not a minor annoyance because their stupid coins don't fit in American vending machines.

On the other hand, the dark people's money is obviously scary, threatening, and constitutes a grave and gathering threat to national sovereignty.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, the difference is that Canadians don't illegally immigrate into the US en masse.