Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2007, 10:08 PM

Default Re: Article ripping Kobe and Praising Lebron

[ QUOTE ]
He averaged 27/11 in the Finals. So yeah, he was horrible, ON OPPOSITE DAY.

I do agree that the Buss just didn't want Shaq back for the kind of money he'd have to lock up in a long contract for a guy who was showing signs of not being SHAQ DIESEL anymore and who's dedication to fitness was suspect. I'm sure the infighting between Kobe and Shaq didn't help Shaq's cause, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think the only reason Kobe is blameworthy is because he didn't demand that they resign Shaq. He stayed silent. This is hardly "running Shaq out of town" though.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He averaged 27/11 in the Finals. So yeah, he was horrible, ON OPPOSITE DAY.

I do agree that the Buss just didn't want Shaq back for the kind of money he'd have to lock up in a long contract for a guy who was showing signs of not being SHAQ DIESEL anymore and who's dedication to fitness was suspect. I'm sure the infighting between Kobe and Shaq didn't help Shaq's cause, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I think the only reason Kobe is blameworthy is because he didn't demand that they resign Shaq. He stayed silent. This is hardly "running Shaq out of town" though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Though Kobe did not "run Shaq out of town" it seemed pretty obvious (at least to me) that he did not like sharing the spotlight with Shaq (so what - management is still to blame - it wasn't his call). I think he would like some talent on his team, but was not happy having a player that overshadowed him and got more credit for them winning than he did.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:44 PM

Recently posted Jack McCallum article on Lebron

[ QUOTE ]
The suddenness of James's ascent as a playoff hero was astounding. Before the world championships in Japan last summer, the Team USA coaching staff was disappointed in James's effort and his inability to function offensively unless he had the ball. The coaches would have made LeBron the first cut after his lackadaisical initial week of practice were it not for the massive public relations fallout that would have resulted from the axing of the league's most globally marketed player. During his 27.3-point,
6.7-rebound, 6.0-assist regular season, there was a general yawning acceptance of James's talent but not really an appreciation. He dropped from All-NBA first team to second team, and sometimes seemed oddly disconnected from his fellow Cavs on the court.

[/ QUOTE ]

-Al
Old 06-07-2007, 06:13 PM

Kind of funny, I was thinking today what about if Cleveland and LA did a trade Kobe for LeBron straight up. Would Cleveland be better or worse? Same question for the Lakers. Yeah I know they have different games but I've heard a lot of comments on the air waves that Kobe is the best player in the NBA. If that's true he should be able to adjust and help the Cavs win more games. Doubt if Kobe could do what LeBron's done for the Cav's. Got me to thinking that Kobe probably is far from being the best player in the league.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kind of funny, I was thinking today what about if Cleveland and LA did a trade Kobe for LeBron straight up. Would Cleveland be better or worse? Same question for the Lakers. Yeah I know they have different games but I've heard a lot of comments on the air waves that Kobe is the best player in the NBA. If that's true he should be able to adjust and help the Cavs win more games. Doubt if Kobe could do what LeBron's done for the Cav's. Got me to thinking that Kobe probably is far from being the best player in the league.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think both teams might be worse. The Lakers really needed scoring this season and Kobe is better at that than Lebron is. Their defense was also pretty woeful and Kobe > Lebron on defense. At the same time, I don't think Kobe would fit well in Cleveland because they don't have a system or a player other than Lebron who can distribute the ball very well.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:39 PM

lol female sports journalist.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:54 PM

"The coaches would have made LeBron the first cut after his lackadaisical initial week of practice were it not for the massive public relations fallout that would have resulted from the axing of the league's most globally marketed player."

i cant help but think this is utter bs. even if true, i cant imagine that any of hte coaches would divuldge such info. seems like its mccallums observation and opinion written in a way to pass it off as fact. typical inciteful journalism.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol female sports journalist.

[/ QUOTE ]