Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 07:58 PM

Default Re: Article ripping Kobe and Praising Lebron

[ QUOTE ]
I think Taraz means how Lebron mailed in games throughout the course of the season.

[/ QUOTE ]

Simmons said something recently about Lebron mailing in games, saying that "superstars" shouldn't mail in games. That Lebron has a fifth gear, but superstars should never use gears 1-4. But everyone does it from time to time.

Simmons himself has mentioned that Larry Bird would get bored during a road trip and decide to only shoot left handed for a half. Isn't that mailing it in? I'm sure there were games where even Jordan had only 15 points and didn't try hard. It happens. 82 games is a long time.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:02 PM

Yeah but he was still trying to accomplish something and it was entertaining. There's a difference between once in a while and what Lebron did earlier this season.

Lebron just had a boring stretch in the first half of the season where he wasn't really going all out during non-big games. His production was down from his stellar year before. Then the second half rolled around and he just started killing.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:12 PM

Sportswriters are so wishy-washy about LeBron. First, he didn't take the big shot often enough. Then when he did, he wasn't a team player. Missing free throws, missing clutch shots and now all of a sudden he has one monster game during the playoffs and people start comparing him to Magic and Michael.

If he has a bad game in the finals, Skip Bayless will declare him the biggest bust in NBA Draft history. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2007, 08:20 PM

She's probably a Kobe hater, but she makes goods points. He's an easy guy to hate. I heard him on the radio the other day, and he sounded, frankly, stoned. Irrational and exceptionally immature. Unable to speak a complete sentence that made any sense.

That said, the Lakers have three championships that would not have been won without Kobe Bryant.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:41 PM

Retarded article, clearly biased against Kobe. She fails to mention that during the season while Kobe was busting his ass putting up huge numbers trying to get his pathetic, injury plagued team into the playoffs in a clearly superior conference, Lebron was chewing his fingernails and not giving a flying [censored]. Maybe if Kobe had the luxury of not having to do [censored] for most of the season he might have taken over in the playoffs. All this team player [censored] is so bogus. If Lebron's Cavs were in the west he WOULD be demanding to be traded after a few fruitless seasons.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:38 PM

I felt the article was pretty heavily baised and I don't like bryant very much.

[ QUOTE ]
He had an especially seamy disagreement with a young woman in Eagle, Colo., over whether he sexually assaulted her.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think she or anyone knows if kobe raped her.

Lebron is def more valuable to a team than kobe. Kobe hates his teammates, front office, coach, he hates everyone. His teammates hate him and no one plays their hearts out cuz their best player doesn't respect them.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:40 PM

stupid article.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:45 PM

"His teammates hate him and no one plays their hearts out cuz their best player doesn't respect them."

This says alot more about this teammates then it does about him. Shouldnt they be playing their hearts out regardless? Oh wait, its Kobe's fault that they are lazy? Come on man, he might be a d-ick and he might need to work on having a better personality, but I dont think there is anyone in the NBA who wants to win or gives more then he does on the floor. This alone, should be enough for his teammates.

If Kobe has so much power over the Lakers organization that he was able to force Shaq out, why hasnt he been able to force them to bring in another player like Boozer? It seems much more likley to me the Lakers wanted to get rid of Shaq and then they and the media put the blame on Kobe. Ripping on "selfish stars" is Sports Journalism 101. They teach that in the first day.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:56 PM

Article is a perfect example of everything that is wrong with current sports journalism:

Too much meaningless analysis.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems much more likley to me the Lakers wanted to get rid of Shaq and then they and the media put the blame on Kobe.

[/ QUOTE ]

why would the Lakers want a bad name for their superstar? I'm sure they can find a way to do it without blaming it on kobe.

Have you ever played organized bball before? A leader being a dick is cancer to the team. Of course, I was never paid to play... but I'd imagine that a player would play a lot harder if they actually liked his team.