Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Bad Beats at WSOP

you think players should be allowed to put chips in their pockets wheh they move tables? how about on breaks?
Old 06-07-2007, 06:09 PM

i watched this whole thing go down...pretty gross

[ QUOTE ]
Phil Hellmuth Eliminated
Partho "Spiderman" Data raised to 10,000 from middle position. "No trick, I have to raise it" said Phil Hellmuth as he made it 25,000 from the small blind. Spiderman called.

The flop was the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Hellmuth turned to Spiderman and said "Did you flop a set on me?" before betting 15,000. Spiderman immediately moved all in and Hellmuth started into one of his classic rants.

"You go crazy with two fives? I haven't bet this much in this tournament in a single hand yet!" Hellmuth counted out his chips, shook his head and asked Spiderman "What do you have? Did you really go crazy? A-Q suited?"

At this point, the player in the 4 seat called the clock on Hellmuth. The Poker Brat predictably went into a tirade.

"How long have I taken? That's not right! Will you let me focus? You're abusing the clock, you'll get a 20 minute penalty if you do it again!"

Hellmuth finally called and showed his signature hand, the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] , while Spiderman turned over the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. The turn was a 5, making Spiderman's wheel. Hellmuth fell out of his chair and started rolling around on the ground.

"Yes! Yes!" shouted Spiderman. "That stone cold idiot tried to bluff me!" moaned Hellmuth as he hit the rail.

[/ QUOTE ]

p.s. brandi looked smokin' hot today.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:37 PM

Didn't an older gentleman last year put his entire stack (about the 10K he started with) in his pocket when his table broke and lose all of it?
Old 06-07-2007, 06:48 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 06-07-2007, 07:12 PM

Any truth to the rumor that the WSOP is rigged this year to produce more "action hands"?
Old 06-07-2007, 07:50 PM

The hand that took Devilfish out (in 3rd place) of the $5k PLO rebuy event last night was ugly.

[/ QUOTE ]On a flop of 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] , Dave moved in and after a bit of thought, Erik called, showing. A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for the pair of 8's. Dave showed J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] for the spade flush draw and open-ended draw. He was behind, but he had a lot of outs. Any spade, Ten, or 5 would give the 'fish the lead, but the last two cards were 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and Dave is done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Half the cards in the deck woulda have Devilfish winning - they all missed. I think he was about 67% to win when the money went in.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:54 PM

dumb reporting, but funny story

[ QUOTE ]
Monette Penalized for Ripping Up the Queen of Clubs

John Monnette raised to 12,000, Justin Bonomo called from the small blind and the big blind called. The flop was the {A-Diamonds}{J-Diamonds}{2-Spades}. Bonomo checked, the big blind checked, Monnette bet 22,500, Bonomo raised to 50,000, the big blind called, and Monette moved all in for about 200,000 more. Bonomo called and the big blind called all in. Bonomo showed the {A-Clubs}{Q-Clubs}, the big blind held the {A-Spades}{3-Spades}, and Monnette had them both dominated with his {A-Hearts}{K-Hearts}.

The turn was the {J-Hearts}, but the {Q-Clubs} spiked on the river, giving Bonomo two pair. Monette reached over and tore up the river queen as the pot was pushed to Bonomo. He was penalized for the act and must sit out 27 hands.

After the hand, Bonomo was up to 470,500 and Monnette was left with 55,000.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-07-2007, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dumb reporting, but funny story

[ QUOTE ]
Monette Penalized for Ripping Up the Queen of Clubs

John Monnette raised to 12,000, Justin Bonomo called from the small blind and the big blind called. The flop was the {A-Diamonds}{J-Diamonds}{2-Spades}. Bonomo checked, the big blind checked, Monnette bet 22,500, Bonomo raised to 50,000, the big blind called, and Monette moved all in for about 200,000 more. Bonomo called and the big blind called all in. Bonomo showed the {A-Clubs}{Q-Clubs}, the big blind held the {A-Spades}{3-Spades}, and Monnette had them both dominated with his {A-Hearts}{K-Hearts}.

The turn was the {J-Hearts}, but the {Q-Clubs} spiked on the river, giving Bonomo two pair. Monette reached over and tore up the river queen as the pot was pushed to Bonomo. He was penalized for the act and must sit out 27 hands.

After the hand, Bonomo was up to 470,500 and Monnette was left with 55,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! I would rip up the second {Q-Clubs} in the deck too!