Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2007, 01:24 PM

Default albatross

brag post. i made a double eagle on Sunday, the first of my life. 17th hole at De Bell. its a goofy little course in burbank, ca. the 17th is a 500 yd dogleg right, actually shaped like a candy cane around a hill. the second shot is totally blind. i hit a 5 wood approach to where i thought the green would be. when we got up there we couldnt find the ball but before i dropped i told the guy i was playing against to check the hole. he was laughing at me then he was like, "[censored] me...party poker hx tour?" YEP! double eagle! he made par on the hole and couldnt believe i still beat him by 3 strokes.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:29 PM

Default Re: albatross

Sick. Too bad you didn't get to see it go in. Congrats.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:05 PM

very cool. congrats. have you had a hole in one?
Old 06-04-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
brag post. i made a double eagle on Sunday, the first of my life. 17th hole at De Bell. its a goofy little course in burbank, ca. the 17th is a 500 yd dogleg right, actually shaped like a candy cane around a hill. the second shot is totally blind. i hit a 5 wood approach to where i thought the green would be. when we got up there we couldnt find the ball but before i dropped i told the guy i was playing against to check the hole. he was laughing at me then he was like, "[censored] me...party poker hx tour?" YEP! double eagle! he made par on the hole and couldnt believe i still beat him by 3 strokes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Outstanding! 20 times more rare than an ace! That's pretty much the shot of your life.
Old 06-04-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
very cool. congrats. have you had a hole in one?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah when i was 14 at a course called fiddlers green. i bladed 8 iron and it skipped/rolled/bounced all the way to the hole, hit the pin and viola! ace! ugly but deadly.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when we got up there we couldnt find the ball but before i dropped i told the guy i was playing against to check the hole.

[/ QUOTE ]

btw what's the rule on this if you take your drop?

does the 2 count cuz the ball is already at the bottom of the cup or are you allowed to declare a holed ball lost?

if the latter, that would be such a huge beat.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:38 PM

It counts, even if you've dropped already. (I have 1 double eagle, 8 iron though, so definitely not as sweet.)
Old 06-04-2007, 10:45 PM

yeah, Westhof is right on this one. There was a recent rules segment in a golf magazine that got this one wrong, so you may hear some people going the other way. But when the ball is holed, the hole is over.

p.s. nice double eagle BTW.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:58 PM

Location: coaching poker and writing \"Professional No-Limit Hold\'em\" for Two Plus Two Publishing with Matt Flynn and Ed Miller

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that is so awesome.....congrats....definitely the shot of your life....
Old 06-05-2007, 03:13 PM

only in Tiger Woods :-(