Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2007, 02:22 AM

Default Re: soon2b[skinny?]\'s Velocity Diet Log

You better throw in one cheat day a week of about 2500 calories or you'll never make it on that diet.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You better throw in one cheat day a week of about 2500 calories or you'll never make it on that diet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is horrid advice for this diet. For the reason that Chris Shugart outlines in his article/blog, the support thread, thirddan's blog, and positively everything else.

This is a short term liquid only diet. If you don't want to do it: don't. If you do, and follow it to a T. It will work.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is horrid advice for this diet. For the reason that Chris Shugart outlines in his article/blog, the support thread, thirddan's blog, and positively everything else.

This is a short term liquid only diet. If you don't want to do it: don't. If you do, and follow it to a T. It will work.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe shugart did say for one of his solid meals he had steak and steamed brocolli. I wouldnt mind doing something like that rather than the oatmeal, but well see how it goes. Trying to stay as close to exact as I can for best results.

Anyone wanna take some guesses as to how much weight/bodyfat I will lose by the end of this? I am going to post my weight and hopefully bodyfat %(if theyll allow me to use it at the gym) at the end of every week.

Also, as for tomorrow, its tuesday so I wont be going to the gym. Going for a light bike ride in the morning
Old 05-01-2007, 11:14 AM

just got back from GNC picking up most of the materials for the diet, and I thought I should let you guys know about the sick deal I just got. I just got 33% off my purchase because it was over 100$, soooo sick

saved 20$ on the hot-rox, 3$ on the flax seeds, 11$ on the ZMA, and 5$ on the salmon oil capsuls.

if you guys need to hit up gnc, call and see if they have this sale. the guy said it was in the paper or some [censored] and hooked me up.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:20 AM

soon2b and everyone else...

don't do a full cheat day, you get one solid meal a week that is still healthy...a lean protein and a boatload of veggies, don't go carb crazy, keep it to veggies...

for the 10x3 you should be doing about 75/80% 1rm...go heavy or the set/rep strategy isn't as effective...don't cheat, buy a cooler, be prepared to go out for meals with friends and bring a shake into the restaurant, i did it a bunch and never had any problems...

make sure you have read all the velocity articles that shugart wrote, i think there are three...also there is a support thread at t-nation in the supp/nutrition forum where people talk about shakes and provide support etc...

good luck...
Old 05-01-2007, 11:20 AM

sorry to burst your bubble, but GNC is such a ripoff that you would have saved money online even after the 33% off.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry to burst your bubble, but GNC is such a ripoff that you would have saved money online even after the 33% off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I did look online, and after the 33% almost everything was cheaper. Hot-rox were cheaper by 9$, ZMA by 9$, etc etc.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:17 PM

wow, im really effing hungry... good thing i still have 3 more shakes to drink
Old 07-12-2007, 06:09 PM

so whatever happened here?
Old 07-12-2007, 06:14 PM

he quit...