Old 09-17-2007, 08:24 PM

Default Re: Razz -- worst hand wins on Absolute

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
don't worry, playing at absolute should no longer be a problem

[/ QUOTE ]

(see BBV if you don't get why)

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh, don't know how I missed that whole slew of threads...

I'm not sure which is worse, ranking razz incorrectly and thinking it's no big deal, or having very, very suspicious plays which lead one to believe hole cards might be seen by some players. I think the razz one. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2007, 08:31 PM

I really have to read this forum more often. This thread was such gold. Glad it got linked out of the other Absolute threads.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really have to read this forum more often. This thread was such gold. Glad it got linked out of the other Absolute threads.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you, come again.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:32 PM

Location: Downswing? No, playing bad. No, I\'m sure its just a downswing.

At least Stars has it right.

Razz ($1/$2), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.50 (converter)

Seat 1: $11.60
Seat 2: $46.95
Seat 3: $59.25
Seat 5: $55.95
Seat 6: $27.10
Seat 7: $18.75
Hero: $43.05

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Vil 7: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls

4th Street - (2.70 SB)

Vil 7: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (2.35 BB)

Vil 7: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks

6th Street - (2.35 BB)

Vil 7: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks

River - (2.35 BB)

Vil 7: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks

Total pot: (2.35 BB)

Results (in white):<font color="white">

Total pot $4.70 | Rake $0

Vil 7: [3d 8d As 9d 3c 3h 8s] (Lo: 3,3,9,8,A)

Hero: [9s Ad 7h Ah 7s 2d 9c] (Lo: A,A,9,7,2)

</font>
Old 09-29-2007, 06:03 PM

To follow up, I finally played the $150K... and won! Well, I wish I did. I actually busted out early with AQ vs AK. I guess there's a reason I play mostly Razz.
Old 09-29-2007, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Plus he might have overbet a crucial hand in a tourney when he thought his 23 444K K had a board lock against his opponent's xx AAAA x.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Plus he might have overbet a crucial hand in a tourney when he thought his 23 444K K had a board lock against his opponent's xx AAAA x.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that touney had been on absolute, he'd have a board lock for sure.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:34 AM

Bump for hilarity with the other recent discussions on AP.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:38 PM

I think absolute payed the correct people for all those hands. I think they gave you a coupon for that tourny was to get you out of you harrassing them with emails. Read the rules again and try playing razz when you know how to play. What hand are you saying was payed wrong? I cant believe this thread is 13 pages long and you still dont know how to play Razz. They should just ban people that cant figure out the rules and harrass there support.
Old 10-21-2007, 02:44 PM

Total Pot($2.35) | Rake ($0.10)
Seat 1: Villain won Total ($2.25) with 7,5,4,4,2 [4s 2h 7s 5d 4d 5s 4c - P:2h,B:4c,B:4d,B:5d,B:7s]
Seat 2: Hero lost with 9,7,3,A,A [Ac 9s 7c 3s Ad 3h 9h -
P:Ac,B:Ad,B:3h,B:7c,B:9h]

This is the first post. Hero had A379 the 9 being his highest card. The Villain has 2457 the 7 being his highest card. 7 is lower than 9 so Villain wins. You play low so what dont you understand?