Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2007, 05:14 AM

Default BB special, flop bottom 2-pair

Well, I am a limit convert who has been messing around at 6-max micro stakes running good..

This hand I have sat down for maybe 4 orbits and villain has been pretty inactive. I think I probably should have folded to the 4-bet push, but I am a noob and not super confident yet. Although I am pretty aggro, so maybe he thinks I have overs or something I will toss. Anyway teach me how to play poker, thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Also, I just read No Limit Hold'Em 'THeory and Practice'.. Is this a spot to calldown and try to keep spot small. What kind of lines would you guys consider as standard at micro stakes? The more I think about this hand the more I think I played terrible.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Hero ($25.20)
UTG ($28.80)
MP ($12.20)
CO ($53.30)
Button ($24.30)
SB ($24.40)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.95) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2.25</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $28.55</font>, Hero calls $19.70 (All-In).

Turn: ($54.45) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($54.45) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $54.45
Old 03-22-2007, 05:21 AM

Default Re: BB special, flop bottom 2-pair

I personally wouldn't call that all-in...

Your hand isn't that strong, considering he limped UTG, he might have a small pocket pair like 6s or 8s, hoping to have a cheap look at the flop. maybe he got 75s, limping would be a bit strange then, but in this case it would have paid out for him.

If you have seen him limping in with a big Pair UTG, hoping to get a raise, your play was ok I guess... But if you don't know that guy, fold to his raise if you decide to raise his 3-bet (which already is pretty suicidal imo...). He's not going all-in after you 4 bet him with not much! Your hand hardly improves and if he's got an overpair, so be it, but you're clearly putting in too much money for the hand you have imo.

If you put him on an overpair and have a read on that, play was ok, but if you didn't see him limping with Aces or overplaying top pair, I would fold at your spot...
Old 03-22-2007, 06:12 AM

Default Re: BB special, flop bottom 2-pair

Hm...

If villain is pretty inactive i should fold to the shove.

What are his possible holdings after the shove? 88/66/44/A8/AA/KK/QQ?

*EDIT: Adjusting his range due the misread of the villain from my side [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Thought he was CO...