Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2006, 10:09 AM

Default Re: what aba20 can do in a day...

Congrats aba. How did you sleep after a 24 hour, +170k session? I would imagine it was a lengthy and enjoyable slumber.
Old 08-18-2006, 10:10 AM

aba,

at what point in your poker career did you get over your psychological attachment to overpairs (if it ever existed)

because i need to do that
Old 08-18-2006, 10:14 AM

I BELIEVE! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

/bow

S0meGuy
Old 08-18-2006, 11:42 AM

Sponger,

I agree that there is a lot of jealousy in this thread, however some of the stuff you are saying here is silly trust me. Now, let me qualify this by saying that literally EVERYONE i have ever spoken two has had a ton of praise for Aba's game, he may be the best regarded internet player i have heard of. I also have a TON of respect for the amount of hours/marathon sessions he puts in, i think that is really impressive.

But as Schneids and others have said, you cannot do this without running hot. A large part of this comes from the fact that statistically, if you are taking shots, you should have a few go horribly wrong and set you back enough that it takes you a while to rebuild. It doesn't apply to just NL, it applies to all of poker in general trust me. I really think Brian should know that people are going to be jealous, and that some people remarking that you need to run hot to do this is not a knock on his game, and it does not take away from his accomplishments, it's just a remark that no matter how good you are, you need to run good at the right times to move up that fast. Period. All that said, congrats Brian, it sounds like you work harder for it than anyone.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Congrats aba. How did you sleep after a 24 hour, +170k session?

[/ QUOTE ]
With 2 girls, obviously.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sponger,

I agree that there is a lot of jealousy in this thread, however some of the stuff you are saying here is silly trust me. Now, let me qualify this by saying that literally EVERYONE i have ever spoken two has had a ton of praise for Aba's game, he may be the best regarded internet player i have heard of. I also have a TON of respect for the amount of hours/marathon sessions he puts in, i think that is really impressive.

But as Schneids and others have said, you cannot do this without running hot. A large part of this comes from the fact that statistically, if you are taking shots, you should have a few go horribly wrong and set you back enough that it takes you a while to rebuild. It doesn't apply to just NL, it applies to all of poker in general trust me. I really think Brian should know that people are going to be jealous, and that some people remarking that you need to run hot to do this is not a knock on his game, and it does not take away from his accomplishments, it's just a remark that no matter how good you are, you need to run good at the right times to move up that fast. Period. All that said, congrats Brian, it sounds like you work harder for it than anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must say, ggbman makes some good posts.
Old 08-19-2006, 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But as Schneids and others have said, you cannot do this without running hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

He started at 0.25/0.50 in December but was rolled for 2/4 and had moved up to that by January. he's said from December to the begininng of June he played ~300k hands, so let's call December 50k hands and assume he built his bankroll from 2/4 to 50/100 in 250k hands. If he moves up every time he has 25 buyins for the next level, he needs to make a total of 116.7 buyins to have a roll for 50/100 (12.5 buyins at 2/4 will take you from 10k to 15k, 16.7 buyins at 3/6 from 15k to 25k, etc). 116.7 buyins over 250k hands is a winrate of 4.7BB/100.

i would assume for one of the best players in the world, 4.7BB/100 over those limits isn't unreasonable, and rather than having to run well to get to 50/100 maybe he just would have to NOT run badly.
Old 08-19-2006, 04:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

sponger, when did you become a douche?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-19-2006, 04:53 AM

aba,

who the [censored] cares if random online people are jealous or giving you crap? I'd rather have a 170k day than the respect of most people in this thread. F the haters, nice job. (come on karma!)
Old 08-19-2006, 05:19 AM

teamdonkey,

Not running badly over 300k hands of taking shots is running hot.