Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2006, 09:14 AM

Default Re: what aba20 can do in a day...

so many peopel said the same things to me when i made my moves up to high stakes. im not on the verge of busto, and never will be. all the haters can go to hell. im glad tay came in here and showed them what he thought.

btw, nice job in the plo game right now
Old 08-18-2006, 09:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so many peopel said the same things to me when i made my moves up to high stakes. im not on the verge of busto, and never will be. all the haters can go to hell. im glad tay came in here and showed them what he thought.

btw, nice job in the plo game right now

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I checked back in and now he's on 4 buyins. I missed the acttion. Goddamn triplewitch had 8 when he left though. Bananas.

I'm not trying to jump into the middle of anything but I thought it was being established that nobody is hating and, in fact, like 85% are outright worshipping.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:29 AM

hadn't read the updates in this thread in a while.

of course im jealous of anyone making sick ton amounts of money playing poker on the internet for their life.

im also jealous of lottery winners. and jealous of tom from myspace for being a billionaire. and will be jealous of whoever cures cancer.

no one has said aba isn't an excellent, world class online poker player, at least i haven't.

but to dismiss the importance of running well in these aggressive, high variance games is pretty dumb.

and to dismiss the variance that was obviously on aba's side as he moved up through the limits without a huge roll.

anyhow, WAY TO GO BRIAN~!

sponger, when did you become a douche?
Old 08-18-2006, 09:31 AM

i was mainly directing it at the people who keep saying he's running good, etc. i had no problem dealing with the downswings i faced (despite the facts that at 300/600 they are huge) and this guy is older and more experienced in poker than me. he will be fine.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hadn't read the updates in this thread in a while.

of course im jealous of anyone making sick ton amounts of money playing poker on the internet for their life.

im also jealous of lottery winners. and jealous of tom from myspace for being a billionaire. and will be jealous of whoever cures cancer.

no one has said aba isn't an excellent, world class online poker player, at least i haven't.

but to dismiss the importance of running well in these aggressive, high variance games is pretty dumb.

and to dismiss the variance that was obviously on aba's side as he moved up through the limits without a huge roll.

anyhow, WAY TO GO BRIAN~!

sponger, when did you become a douche?

[/ QUOTE ]

you suck hard at bbv
Old 08-18-2006, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Saying somebody runs good isn't a dis, most players can't profit and capitalize on their good runs. They don't even notice them. You still have to be a very good player to take advantage of the good runs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna go ahead and quote myself because I think it sums things up. I hope that's not too arrogant.

I know all of you, everyday, see somebody playing a hand so retardedly and weak, checking behind on the river with nuts and other [censored]. And you think, damn, give me your cards if you don't want them.

You must be very very good to maximize profit during good runs and minimize losses during bad runs, like ABA quite obviously has.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

you suck hard at bbv

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 08-18-2006, 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i was mainly directing it at the people who keep saying he's running good, etc. i had no problem dealing with the downswings i faced (despite the facts that at 300/600 they are huge) and this guy is older and more experienced in poker than me. he will be fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I can dig it. I guess I shouldn't speak for anybody but myself.

When I say he (or anybody) is running good, it's implied that they are also very talented, to be able to maximze a run to it's fullest potential.

It doesn't mean that when the run is over they will fall apart and go busto, it also means that they are talented enough to slow the bleeding and not have the bad run affect them nearly as much as it would a less talented player.

If anybody else was implying the busto part, that's just [censored] and I don't represent that camp.

I was watching him for longer just now playing PLO, my main game, and one he just picked up, and he is obviously very talented.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

you suck hard at bbv

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

nice, that was funny in oot like a year ago

seriously though, you do suck at bbv
Old 08-18-2006, 10:07 AM

gildwulf,

this thread is for discussing how awesome aba is. not for you being bitter for me calling you a douchebag for taking 20 minutes to make a decision in a live poker game. and then subsequently misplaying your hand (though results showed call was +ev). and then crying about it.

please, take your personal bitterness elsewhere or to pm's. perhaps i can not suck at bbv by making 5k posts of uninspired one-liners and hope ~10% of them are funny?

now, back to telling aba he ran well, and being incredibly jealous.